Blonde Toner on highlighted hair?

(9 Posts)
LiquidCosh Sun 28-Feb-16 23:20:13

Anyone know if I can use a platinum blonde toner on highlighted hair? I had highlights put through my light brown hair a few weeks ago and they are looking yellowy and dull. The picture on the front of the pack shows a woman with all over blonde and I was wondering would the toner affect my brown parts too. The toner is this one
www.boots.com/en/Scott-Cornwall-Colour-Restore-Iced-Platinum-Hair-Toner-100ml_1262302/

ophiotaurus Sun 28-Feb-16 23:24:58

You can use a silver shampoo to brighten your highlights back up x

ophiotaurus Sun 28-Feb-16 23:25:16

Sorry about the x blush

soontobepenfold Sun 28-Feb-16 23:25:50

The toner won't affect your natural hair and will remove the yellow/brassy tones from the lightened hair. To maintain highlights I'd use a silver shampoo once a week.

LiquidCosh Sun 28-Feb-16 23:34:44

I'm using a silver shampoo called Bleach London and it looks good for a day or two then back to brassy.sad TBH I think the hairdresser didn't leave the bleach on long enough as it didn't look a nice white colour even when only done.

LiquidCosh Sun 28-Feb-16 23:37:26

haha ophiotaurus just saw your rogue x
how very unmumsnetty grin

soontobepenfold Mon 29-Feb-16 00:00:45

You're probably right about the bleach not being left on for long enough then if you're brassy straight away, the same applies to the toner if it makes little to no difference, I'd do a strand test with the toner and see how long it takes to get to your desired shade then do the whole thing, if left on too long platinum toners can go grey/white.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 29-Feb-16 15:36:39

Try the bleach blonde Lee Stafford shampoo from Boots. It's the best toner I've found. I think the Scott Cornwall ones are a bit rubbish.
Toners are not permanent so they wash out. You have to keep using them. I would also ask for cooler more ashy highlights when you have them redone.

Kenworthington Mon 29-Feb-16 15:44:13

Bleach London white toner is BRILLIANT! The silver shampoos can end up looking a bit lilac if you're not careful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now