Does anyone contour?

(7 Posts)
Doubledaff Sun 28-Feb-16 21:09:08

So after reading the thread about how the trend at the moment is heavy make up and contouring I'm just wondering do real life people actually do this?

It looks hard to get right, would love to hear your experience with it.

Knackeredknitter67 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:47:44

No. I've seen too many stripes looking people.
Blusher and a touch of highlighter is as far as I go

Knackeredknitter67 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:47:59

stripey

Doubledaff Sun 28-Feb-16 21:51:09

Yep same as me, blusher and bronzer sometimes a bit of highlighter. I've watched loads of videos and it seems very hit and miss to me. I don't know why but it fascinates me blush

PortobelloRoad Sun 28-Feb-16 22:48:47

I do, contour and highlight, pretty much every day. I use Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow or similar. I don't look overdone or stripey or anything. I don't see what is so hard for people to get their heads around. You just lightly shade in and highlight the right places and blend.

You can do it lightly and subtly. The blending is key, I don't see a lot of people blending. It's much easier with a powder than with a wet/cream/whatever product. Gently gently and it looks very nice.

Doubledaff Mon 29-Feb-16 14:52:35

Well seeing how many people can't even match their foundation shade I'm not surprised that people are using to dark shades for contouring.

I haven't seen a video using powder but can imagine it's more subtle.

hollinhurst84 Mon 29-Feb-16 21:39:55

No. Just blush and highlight
I'm a shade of pale blue so I don't think there's a contour colour light enough grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now