Jeans sliding down

(9 Posts)
RattieOfCatan Sun 28-Feb-16 09:35:08

I have never owned a pair of skinny jeans that actually stay up, I spend half of my day having to pull them back up and readjusting them. They're my preferred 'uniform' so to speak so I wear them most of the time! I buy cheapy jeans (under £25) which may be the issue but, even then, the one pair from Monsoon that I have are even worse for this. Should I look at investing in a couple of pairs of designer ones? My boss tells me that it's the way forward but I don't want to put that much money into an item of clothing that may turn out to have the same problem!

FWIW, belts don't keep them up either unless they are really tight, it just takes a little longer to slide down.

XiCi Sun 28-Feb-16 09:49:52

I size down with skinnies and it seems to solve this problem. If I get my usual size they are bagging round the knees and falling down within an hour.

burnishedsilver Sun 28-Feb-16 09:50:56

You need higher rise

Designer jeans won't solver the problem if they are the wrong fit for your body.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 28-Feb-16 09:53:29

Topshop Joni high waisted.
Brilliant.
No belt needed.

AuntieStella Sun 28-Feb-16 10:01:07

You could try Gap high waisted ones.

Or try one size each side of what you currently wear, if there's one you like other than the downwards creep. Because skinnies are pulled down if too small, as well as falling down if too big.

treaclesoda Sun 28-Feb-16 10:03:13

I have this problem too. And with knickers as well blush. I have no bum. It sounds good, but it isn't...grin

hazelnutlatte Sun 28-Feb-16 10:05:53

I find skinny jeans from next are terrible for this - topshop and warehouse are much better.

tomatodizzy Sun 28-Feb-16 10:09:27

High waist and size down. Skinny jeans stretch. High waist can unfortunately be a bit unflattering so you might need to try a few.

RattieOfCatan Sun 28-Feb-16 10:39:17

treacle I think that's my issue too grin That and quite flat down the sides! The knickers are the worst, I've yet to find a brand that a) stays up or b) doesn't crawl into my arse crack through the day hmm

Thanks all smile Sizing down just makes them uncomfortably tight on my thighs unfortunately. I swear I'm a size 11 in trousers, 10's are slightly too tight but 12's are baggy. I tend to go for 10's with skinnies but they have to be really stretchy ones. I will have a nose at some high waisted ones to try on though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now