Météorites Voyage Exceptional Pressed Powder by Guerlain

(7 Posts)
SaltySeaBird Fri 26-Feb-16 19:56:42

Does anyone use this?

I'm looking for a lightweight, finishing powder to reduce shine, make me glow and knock off a decade.

It's pricey but my husband has dropped heavy hints via DD about buying me some nice treat make up for Mothers Day and a good face powder is one thing I've been wanting for a while!

arahia Fri 26-Feb-16 20:37:01

This?
www.johnlewis.com/guerlain-meteorites-voyage-exceptional-pressed-powder-mythic-1/p102193
They've just discontinued it. You might still be able to buy it but won't be able to get refills for it.
www.johnlewis.com/guerlain-meteorites-voyage-mythic/p2457365 this is the replacement for it, and it will come with refills.
And finally, if you want to just test the meteorites this www.johnlewis.com/guerlain-meteorites-compact-foundation-02-light/p1815228?colour=02%20Light might be a good idea, yes, the compact feels cheap and is made of plastic and not refillable but it's the same powder as the old mythic.

Carpaccio Fri 26-Feb-16 20:58:51

I have collected Guerlain Meteorites (the pearls/balls version) for years, and I love them. But the new pressed one, despite looking pretty, just doesn't appeal to me - it doesn't do enough for what I would expect for a £108 product, it hasn't had amazing reviews and I have found that the Meteorites powders (pressed and pearls) aren't great to reduce shine.

I'd personally rather get a new Nars Light Reflecting Loose setting powder (http://narscosmetics.co.uk/en_GB/light-reflecting-loose-setting-powder/0607845014102.html ) or something from Mac.

Pearlmum1 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:04:25

Personally I have had it and it wasn't worth the money, I would get the new glowing gardens highlighter in pink by dior (look it up on pixiwoo) and forever new loose powder, it's the best I've used. Then whilst you are there get a rosy glow and a lip glow, 10 years younger guaranteed!

Pearlmum1 Fri 26-Feb-16 21:07:29

With the guerlain compact you are paying for the packaging (which is very beautiful!). Make up is so personal though, could you ask the guerlain advisor try it on you?

SaltySeaBird Sat 27-Feb-16 10:42:39

Thanks for the advice. It was the last one you linked arahia that I had been looking at (the £37.80 one).

Going to look at the Nars and Dior products as they sound good too.

arahia Sat 27-Feb-16 15:26:56

It is actually a nice powder. I dont think it will do much to reduce shine as it mostly used to add the glow (but not like a highlighter) plus that last one (the £37.80 wink one) comes in 3 shades (as opposed to the voyage one)
I'd suggest playing with it and visiting a counter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now