Help I need a new swimming costume eek

(16 Posts)
rahlikeatiger Thu 25-Feb-16 20:50:47

Well. Nothing complicated but I am 6 months post birth and attempting to lose weight. Doing so slowly and wanted to go swimming. Dilemma is I can't seem to find a good cossie that doesn't make me feel like a beached whale. I am roughly a size 16 and have a bit of a tummy, anyone have a good recommendation of a brand or style? Thanks smile

DianaT1969 Thu 25-Feb-16 20:54:54

Do you want a sports one that will stand up to frequent chlorine swimming or something prettier?

Iwonderif Thu 25-Feb-16 20:57:03

Look at Bravissimo. Quite pricey but it could be what you're looking for.

DianaT1969 Thu 25-Feb-16 21:06:38

For sports you could try
http://m.simplyswim.com/departments/WomensSwimwear.aspx

For something prettier and not too pricey:
https://airymary.com/collections/swimsuits

Also, try TKMaxx for non cup size swimsuits. They often have more expensive brands,
like Gottexx but in last season's stock for £20-30. I bought a good control suit there last year and it became a favourite. I swim most days so need to use 4 or 5 in rotation or they fall apart.

superbfairywren Fri 26-Feb-16 10:09:37

If you are planning on losing weight still and don't want to spend much the swimming costumes in sainsburys are great for the money. They've just put the range online and had lots in my local store too.

rahlikeatiger Sat 27-Feb-16 16:02:28

Thanks for all your help! I'll definitely check out Sainsburys, we have one close to us X

AutumnLeavesArePretty Sat 27-Feb-16 18:30:07

Asda do fab ones with tummy control and padding in the top area, go a size up though as the fit is much better. Around £12 and last for ages.

Fozzleyplum Sat 27-Feb-16 22:51:26

I have a twist by Moontide - it's amazingly flattering. I'm a standard 12, but I've seen the same style on someone who was probably about an 18 and it looked great.

twist swimsuit

dementedpixie Sat 27-Feb-16 22:55:29

Sports direct sell swimming costumes too

babybarrister Sun 28-Feb-16 10:27:15

weirdly landsend have excellent "control" swimwear - I highly recommend them and I think it was someone here that pointed them out ...

specialsubject Sun 28-Feb-16 12:40:36

assuming you are actually swimming rather than 'relaxing by the pool' (FFS!!!) a corset is not the best idea. The Sports Direct boyleg ones are great, don't disappear where a swimsuit shouldn't and also recognise an adult pubic hair pattern.

cheap, too. And remember you are underwater, no-one can see you!

MeadowHay Mon 29-Feb-16 15:05:26

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've only recently started going swimming once a week, how long do swim suits last for before you need a new one? I'm not sure what to look out for and terrified of just noticing that it's gone completely see-through one time when I'm in the pool (this happened to me as a child once!!!!). I have one of the boy-leg ones from Sports Direct.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 29-Feb-16 15:08:39

I bought this one from Tesco yesterday and it fits amazingly! Sucks all my mummy tummy bits in wink
It looks strapless in the pic but it's not!

DianaT1969 Mon 29-Feb-16 15:14:35

Gorgeous shape and colour, but personally I have to steer clear of moulded cups as they don't suit. I'm probably too busty at a FF/G cup. Good to know though. Looks far more high end than I'd expect from Tesco. Will check them out online.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 29-Feb-16 15:22:20

They had a few lovely ones in my local store, but most did have moulded cups I think (I've never felt lucky to have teeny titties before!!)
They do lingerie for larger cup sizes online, so I'm sure they would do swimwear as well!

DianaT1969 Tue 01-Mar-16 20:12:16

Had been looking for a plain black tankini and checked out Tesco as suggested. Not right for me, because I need cup sized swimwear with lots of support, but thought this was excellent value and a great shape.
http://www.clothingattesco.com/womens-swimwear/f+f-magic-tankini-top/invt/jo611420

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now