Does anyone have one of those straightening brushes?

(3 Posts)
EarSlaps Thu 25-Feb-16 11:59:27

Considering trying one of those straightening brushes that were all over Facebook a while ago- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AWYA53A/ref=cmcrr_mprbdcrbb_top?ie=UTF8. Apologies if link didn't work as it's my first time posting on the app!

My hair is a bit wavy and fluffy so I'm hoping this could smooth it out rather than get poker straight. I was hoping to pop it in my gym back for a quick groom after a class and shower. It just all sounds a bit too good to be true!

Has anyone tried one or does anyone own one?

Petal02 Thu 25-Feb-16 13:21:54

OP - i haven't tried that particular brush, but I also like the "straight/smooth but not poker straight look" and find that a hot air styler does the trick, rather than straighteners. Either BBH or something similar that doesn't rotate.

EarSlaps Thu 25-Feb-16 13:27:14

I tried a BBH and it took about 25 minutes of sweating, the brush getting stuck and not spinning and I looked worse than not doing anything. It just couldn't cope with my hair however much I sectioned it! Luckily Boots refunded me.

I have lots and lots (and lots) of fine hairs, so it takes an absolute age to dry. So a quick blow dry means it's still actually really damp and it takes a hairdresser ages to actually blow dry it.

I was hoping this could be the answer to my prayers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now