What on earth has happened to No 7 blusher colours & what can I use as an alternative?

(10 Posts)
Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 00:20:14

I've been using no 7 warm honey (20) over Lancôme 010 foundation for a few years now.

It's running out however so I went in to get a replacement & also toyed with the idea of a slightly less natural colour for evenings out but the range has completely changed!

I tried a Lancôme one a while back but it was too orangy. Estée Lauder had some that looked ok but the price is a lot more expensive. I also had a quick look st YSL (I like their new foundation.

Is the hike in price worth it? What brands should I try?

Cakescakescakes Mon 22-Feb-16 00:25:37

I really rate Laura Mercier blusher. Rose bloom is a great every day colour. Good pigment. I found the last no7 one I had was really hard to actually get any colour onto my skin.

Cakescakescakes Mon 22-Feb-16 00:26:22

The Max factor ones in round packaging are nice too. I have a mauvy type one.

Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 00:28:12

If it's any help I have very pale skin, quite dry skin (YSL gave me B10 sample as the other one was too dark on me)

Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 00:28:24

& am 42.

Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 00:29:36

Hmmm - I don't think there are any Laura mercier counters locally. Shame I didn't discover this when I was in London last week.

Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 09:06:10

Bump for the morning.

MissTessmacher Mon 22-Feb-16 09:12:24

What about Sleek's Blusher in Suede?

Looks to be a similar browny/peach. Needs a very very light hand though as the pigmentation of these blushers is bonkers.

Balletgirlmum Mon 22-Feb-16 17:05:04

I've never heard of that brand. Where is it available from? We have Boots, Debenhams & Superdrug locally.

MissTessmacher Mon 22-Feb-16 17:34:41

It's stocked in Superdrug.

Cheap as chips and their blushers and eyeshadows are better than MAC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now