Joules sizing outerwear ....help,please.

(7 Posts)
HoneyDragon Sun 21-Feb-16 22:53:50

I'm about to succumb to sheepleness (and don't care grin) and procure a Joules coat I've quite different liked on other people but I've noticed the they seem a little tight on some people and wandering if they come up small? (I think because it's been a mild winter I see a lot of people wearing the, with jumpers/sweatshirts and they look tight).

Do I need true to size of one or two sizes up?

MrsRogerSterling Sun 21-Feb-16 23:45:45

I have always found Joules sizing on the large side and tend to go down a size. They do offer free returns so you could always order a couple of sizes and send one back.

HoneyDragon Mon 22-Feb-16 00:14:17

So I have tbh, I just wasn't sure in regards to the coats. I think it must be the weather this year, everyone's unexpectedly layering grin

mrslebon Mon 22-Feb-16 12:49:30

Use FRESH20 for 20% off at Joules btw!

TimeToMuskUp Mon 22-Feb-16 13:33:39

They're usually quite generous with sizes, I'm a sturdy size 14 but have a couple of Joules macs in a 12 which aren't tight. Try both sizes though if in doubt, they're fab for returns.

HoneyDragon Mon 22-Feb-16 17:03:32

Thank you for all your help. You're right the sizing was generous (I tried on a mates) but ...... It was too long grin......stoopidly forget that a coat that sits on the models waist will on me sit in a position as if I were wearing a fishermans smock.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 22-Feb-16 20:09:13

I find it true to size - it used to be very generous (5+) years ago but seem to have sized down a bit recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now