Please guide me in the quest for new sunglasses!

(9 Posts)
LazyDoll Sat 20-Feb-16 14:44:27

I've been wearing the same gold rimmed Fat Face aviator sunnies for the last 3 years and am on my second pair.

I have come to the realisation that I don't think they actually 'fit' as I have constant dents either side of my nose that take forever to disappear. I don't think this is right (!) so need to start the quest for sunnies that look as good as my current pair on AND off!

They are a dull gold and top half rimmed bottom not and I just LOVE them.

I don't wear glasses so am a bit crap at knowing where to go/how to choose and how do I know whatever pair I buy won't end up denting my face again as I can only try them on for minutes in the shop?!?!

Help me please!

DianaT1969 Sat 20-Feb-16 16:58:28

I buy my sunglasses from TKMaxx.

Glitteryfrog Sat 20-Feb-16 17:11:15

Airport - gives you something to do.
Boots always have loads

PossumCreek Sat 20-Feb-16 17:31:29

I got some from here

www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/

I chose the site because they gave detailed measurements of all the sunglasses. I measured my current pair and then looked for something similar. Maybe you could look for something a few mm bigger than your current ones?

They also do free delivery and free returns.

leadrightfoot Sat 20-Feb-16 18:11:52

Oakley never ever anything else for sunglasses
They fit don't budge and are close enough to my face they don't let sun in over the top

LazyDoll Sun 21-Feb-16 11:43:24

Fab thanks. My main concern is why they are denting and I don't want to spend lots on Oakleys or RayBans and then they dent again. Possum that's that's great advice flowers

andadietcoke Sun 21-Feb-16 17:36:10

If you buy sunglasses from Selfridges they put a little tag on the bridge. Until you remove it they can be returned, so you could wear them round the house for a while or even driving, and see if they dent before you commit to them?
I have the Rayban Wayfarers that fold up - I love them - the case fits in my coat pocket or in the smallest handbag. Highly recommend them.

SauvignonPlonker Sun 21-Feb-16 17:37:40

TK Maxx here too. My last pair were Oscar de la Renta & lasted years until the toddler wrecked them

LazyDoll Sun 21-Feb-16 18:57:21

I've just been on the website Possum recommended and ordered 5 pairs of RayBans!! I figure I can wear them round the house (as suggested thanks andadietcoke and see if I get dented!!

Excited now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now