Can you put Converse in the wash?

(11 Posts)
insanelycheerful Sat 20-Feb-16 11:54:41

Just that really! My converse are pretty muddy and I wondered if it's OK to put them in the washing machine? If so, any cycle?

NantucketNightbird Sat 20-Feb-16 12:11:31

I often put the children's in the wash on a short 30 they come out looking new. I tie them on the line to dry.

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 12:12:20

Yes. I do often. My machine has a 'shoe' cycle though.

ontherightpath Sat 20-Feb-16 17:01:39

I put my white converse in the washing machine on the delicate wash, 400 spin, 30degrees with a scoop of vanish stain remover. I also add an old white towel to cut down on the noise. They come up like new.

Cocolepew Sat 20-Feb-16 17:03:47

Yes I stick them in a 40 wash.

Cakescakescakes Sat 20-Feb-16 17:07:23

Yup - either wedge them in among a normal wash or else on their own with no spin cycle. If the are adult size and rattle around during the spinning it could unbalance your drum. They come up like new!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Feb-16 17:08:03

I put a pair of DDs white Converse in the wash (I think they were outgrown so I chanced it before recycling them) . They came up sparkling grin, so now I know it works.

I use a pillowcase and put in with PE kit which was muddy too.

Take the laces out, open the shoe up and pull the tongues forward.

Dry on the line.

foobio Sat 20-Feb-16 17:09:34

Not sure what I did wrong with mine then, the soles seemed to come unglued from the canvas. I probably did them too hot or something!

insanelycheerful Sat 20-Feb-16 19:47:40

Cheers you helpful lot! Can't wait to give them a whirl (excuse the pun!)

keeponkeepinon Sat 20-Feb-16 20:02:17

I was on the verge of chucking mine out recently so thought I might as well chuck them in on a cool wash. Came out fab so they'll be back in circulation in the spring!

jellycat1 Sat 20-Feb-16 20:15:22

Yup do it all the time - and my Ugg slippers too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now