Eternity Rings

(19 Posts)
iwannadancewithsomebody Fri 19-Feb-16 22:23:58

Is anyone up for some window shopping?

DH has promised me an eternity ring that I get a say in as there have been numerous issues with my engagement and wedding rings (back and forth to the jeweller, stones falling out etc).

I plan to wear the eternity ring on it's own, without my other two rings but I honestly don't know what I would like.

I'm not very blingy but would like a simple but stylish band. Preferably white gold or platinum

I've done some online searching but can't find anything with the wow factor.

originalusernamefail Fri 19-Feb-16 22:26:35

Don't know how to do links blushbut I have my eye on a marquis cut eternity band, prob a half band rather than full. Need to prod DH for mine though.

MiniCooperLover Sat 20-Feb-16 08:04:29

I have a full band eternity ring and it took a bit of getting used to but I love it now.

SeasonalVag Sat 20-Feb-16 08:07:57

I got this....its 1.5 carats....my advice if half eternity much more practical although I would have loved a full one....

lighteningirl Sat 20-Feb-16 08:12:13

I have an Edwardian full diamond and platinum eternity ring it's beautiful and half the price of new

MiniCooperLover Sat 20-Feb-16 09:21:17

I would have been happy with a half-band (sounds so ungrateful blush) but only because I worry sometimes about damaging the underside but I have relaxes a bit about it now. Mine are Emerald cut diamonds.

iwannadancewithsomebody Sat 20-Feb-16 09:54:37

Thank you, your rings are so pretty! Do you wear your eternity ring on it's own?

I do think a half band would be more practical but I think this is what I want after an evening of googling

midnightmoomoo Sat 20-Feb-16 14:26:05

That's really pretty! I think you can wear rings however you want to. But it's worth checking that the eternity ring sits nicely with whatever other ring/s you might wear it with so you know you have the choice.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 20-Feb-16 19:05:27

I think half eternity is so much more practical.
All the everyday gunge would get stuck on the underside.
I love mine.

SeasonalVag Tue 23-Feb-16 08:12:42

I wear mine on its own, I always think its a pity to stack rings.

EchoJuliet Tue 23-Feb-16 19:19:31

Adore mine. It's a platinum half (bottom ring in this photo) and was a surprise for my 40th in Dec (got to be some benefits eh!). Afraid I LOVE the look of stacked rings so wear mine all together. The one above it is the one I wear for our daughter who we lost. star

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Tue 23-Feb-16 19:32:31

I'd love an eternity ring ... Asked DH of 8 years but DP of total of 16 years ... He said i have an eternity ring it's that big fucking golden band he gave to me 8 years ago when he promised to love me forever!!!!
I couldn't argue with the bastard!

Rassy Tue 23-Feb-16 21:57:21

I have a Baby ring instead of an eternity ring. Has diamonds all the way round on the gold band. Two of them are pink diamonds as I have two girls. Names and date of birth are inscribed inside the band. I love it!

Strokethefurrywall Tue 23-Feb-16 22:33:54

My wedding ring (bottom one) is a full eternity band, got the 7 stone eternity band on Mother's Day just after I had DS2.

I used to wear it on its own on right hand but I need to get it resized as its a little too big so have to sandwich between the other two.

twofalls Tue 23-Feb-16 22:59:29

OP that is so pretty - I have been looking. Where is if from ?!

Westcountrygemini Tue 23-Feb-16 23:00:53

Mines a half band, made to mirror my wedding band but also so the rings can be worn alone or in any combination together. some lovely rings posted already grin

DiscoDancer Tue 23-Feb-16 23:04:37

OP I love that ring!

MissBattleaxe Wed 24-Feb-16 16:42:42

I'm getting one soon and was wondering how to wear it. It won;t really go with my wedding band and my engagement ring so I was thinking o just wearing my eternity ring with my wedding band and wearing my engagement ring on my other hand or something.

Do you all wears on the same finger as your other rings?

Pheobe1 Wed 24-Feb-16 17:47:48

I have two eternity rings, the smaller one is bagette and round cut diamonds and I wear it most days. The other is a much wider and very blingy. I wear that by itself when Dh and I go out.
I love the one you linked op it's very pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now