Dewy looking skin

(21 Posts)
Donge13 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:37:18

Any top tips or product recommendations to get lovely,glowy, dewy skin??
I'm 43 wit really dehydrated skin and would love my skin to err glow!!
Any advice appreciated. Thanks

ggirl Fri 19-Feb-16 09:40:19

clarins beauty flash balm is good..some people don't like it though so worth asking for a sample first

its a temporary dewy glow though ..you need to add nourishment and moisture to get your skin to look its best if its dehydrated

CoolToned Fri 19-Feb-16 09:46:21

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel gives serious dewy glow. smile

Also, Korean bb cushions/bb creams/cc creams.

I read the very new Becca Aqua Luminous foundation does too but I have never tried it.

Donge13 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:48:09

I already double cleanse, serum and use moisturiser but my skin still looks flat

StillStayingClassySanDiego Fri 19-Feb-16 10:12:29

I like Estée Lauder revitalising CC cream, I use it under my foundation, it's lovely.

Mac strobe cream is also very good mixed with foundation then applied.

mowglik Fri 19-Feb-16 10:20:28

Add moisture back to your skin and you'll have more naturally dewy skin. Use light layers of hydrating products or try oil mixed in with your moisturiser, I heard the body shop oils of life (I think it's called) is good.

Another great product for adding hydration back is balance me hyaluronic acid serum, it's only about £3-4 and really light and watery so goes under your normal serum. Can get it from Amazon or eBay

Donge13 Fri 19-Feb-16 10:50:18

I'm a little bit scared of using oils. Will they give me a break out of spots?
I've been given some Touché Eclat Blurring and illuminating primer but I don't know what to do with it as its a sample and I can't see the instructions confused

hownottofuckup Fri 19-Feb-16 10:51:16

Mix a little bio oil with bb cream. Does wonders!

MadameDePompom Fri 19-Feb-16 10:53:51

Mix some MAC strobe cream in with your foundation

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Feb-16 13:34:13

I have spot prone skin and hyaluronic acid doesn't break me out. I also like REN omega 3 skin oil serum. It's sort of a cross between a serum and oil, v v lightweight and not sticky

For makeup, something like revlon skinlights, lush feeling younger, mixed with your moisturiser or foundation. Then a powder or cream highlight on cheekbones
Makeup revolution radiance palette is £8 or so, and really good quality. It's v finely milled so you can dust it all over

TheFurryMenace Fri 19-Feb-16 16:56:18

Mowglik, the Balance serum you mention, do you mean £34 or £3-4? Cheapest Ive seen it is £36!

cissyfuss Fri 19-Feb-16 16:59:04

Origins Vitazing moisturiser gently tints itself to your skin tone and always makes my skin look more 'alive'!!

Origins are good for trial sizes, so you could give it a go before spending...

Thelwell Fri 19-Feb-16 17:02:42

Sisley black rose mask used as a moisturizer under foundation works well for me to plump it all up (am also first half of my 40s like you, OP). Pricey, so I can't afford to use it as a full mask treatment!

theredjellybean Fri 19-Feb-16 17:04:59

benefits skin primer ...i have very tricky skin,lots of allegies and roseaca, and dry bits too...this works under foundation well

fredabear Fri 19-Feb-16 17:06:34

this range is very good and had a quick impact on my dehydrated skin

Kennington Fri 19-Feb-16 17:47:41

Dior glow maximiser in cheek bones plus a liquid blusher

FrustratedFrugal Fri 19-Feb-16 17:57:27

I'm spot prone and 43, I can't use oiks but glycolic or lactic acid and hyaluronic acid keep my skin glowy. Korean BB creams and cushions are also ace, they do wonders. And sheet masks and sleeping masks also make my skin look really dewy.

mayhew Fri 19-Feb-16 18:55:50

I put almond oil on at night after hot cloth with aqueous cream. Better and much, much cheaper than other things I've tried. A client last week said I didn't look old enough to have an adult daughter. I'm 55.

BabyGanoush Fri 19-Feb-16 20:35:45

I am 43 and I find:

Exercise and fresh air do more for skin than anything you put on it.

The only things that work for me in improving skin are:

REN Glycolactic face mask twice a week

REN beauty shot followed by any old moisturiser.

rosehip oil for those bad days/nights (winter skin)

PollyPerky Fri 19-Feb-16 20:41:57

It's what you eat that counts...
you need good fats, so avocado, walnuts, fish oils, olive oil, full fat plain yoghurt to feed your skin from the inside. Plenty of fresh veg and fruit. Hardly any sugar.
No booze, don't smoke, take exercise outside (but use sunscreen on your face)

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Feb-16 20:49:54

theFurryMenace - I think it's this one? I grabbed it in TK maxx for £4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now