Reducing size of winter coat

(7 Posts)
Maugrim Wed 17-Feb-16 17:24:23

I bought this coat as it was down to a great price. However it's just arrived and is massive! I can't return it as it was final sale. Does anyone have any idea whether a coat like this could be taken in and what it might cost?

It has raglan sleeves so wouldn't need new shoulders I don't think and it is unlined. I really like it but it just looks silly as it is.

trappedinsuburbia Wed 17-Feb-16 17:43:01

Are you sure you can't return it? Distance selling regulations and all that?

trappedinsuburbia Wed 17-Feb-16 17:44:36

Google it, from what I understand you have 7 days from delivery to return it.

Maugrim Wed 17-Feb-16 17:46:09

I can't return unfortunately as I bought it from a boutique by phoning and they posted to me so wasn't and online purchase sad

Ready123 Wed 17-Feb-16 17:53:17

I am pretty sure you have a 14 day cooling off period for products bought at a distance (ie by phone or online) from a business. You just need to tell the boutique you are returning it and pay for the return postage.

So why don't you take the coat to a tailor and see what they say? If they can't alter it you should be able to return it.

I think that coats are relatively easy to alter in the body but can be very difficult on the shoulders.

Maugrim Wed 17-Feb-16 19:17:39

Thanks for suggestion. I will see what tailor says, hopefully it will be possible.

bishboschone Wed 17-Feb-16 20:05:14

It's possible but it will cost a lot . They will basically have to take the coat apart and re make it if it's massive . Might be better to eBay and start again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now