Rosie HW Makeup Range at M&S

(38 Posts)
MsBojangles Wed 17-Feb-16 14:21:31

Has anyone tried any of it?

Will it turn me into the Goddess that is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

WhyIRayLiotta Wed 17-Feb-16 14:25:08

I've literally just watched the you tube video Lisa Eldridge and RHW did together.

She is unbelieveable stunning - but some of her make up range looks good. I'm going to check it out next time I'm in M&S - the highlighter stick looks lovely.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 17-Feb-16 14:29:34

I saw the MUA using a eye palette on This Morning, it looked lovely and it was RHW's, £18.00 and a choice of 3 colour combos.

MsBojangles Wed 17-Feb-16 14:42:16

Are there any codes knocking about for M&S...I'm very tempted <sits on hands>

MsBojangles Wed 17-Feb-16 15:22:45

Some good swatches here

HMF1 Wed 17-Feb-16 18:00:59

The 20%off vouchers are floating about, do you know anyone who might have one they can give you, off not I can pm you a code for use online from tomorrow.

polyhymnia Wed 17-Feb-16 18:07:35

I'm v prejudiced against M and S but will check these out next time I'm in. The Lip Glossy looks very much my sort of thing as I like no makeup makeup.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 17-Feb-16 18:12:48

The casings remind me of Charlotte Tilbury.

I'm going to have a nosey tomorrow.

MsBojangles Wed 17-Feb-16 18:26:30

HMF1, that would be extremely kind of you, thanks so much! flowers

They do have a look of CT don't they, I assume the collection was 'inspired' by that range, considerably easier on the wallet though

I'm going for a couple of of the lip glossy crayons too (amongst other things), so much less faff than lipstick.

mrslebon Wed 17-Feb-16 22:16:50

I tried some of the range out the other day. I was impressed by the highlighter powder, the lipsticks (gorgeous 'nude' colours) and the eyeshadow quads. The cream eyeshadow sticks were OK but didn't have much staying power. There was only one cream blush available to try and whilst it looked a scary colour at first, it blended really well albeit on the back of my hand. I'm definitely going to indulge with the 20% off code.

MsBojangles Thu 18-Feb-16 00:05:54

I've had success with this code: Feb16A11

A big juicy 20% discount softens the blow somewhat wink

polyhymnia Fri 19-Feb-16 15:29:12

Went to check out in M and S and annoyingly they only had 4 shades of the Lip Glossy - and I see they only have 4 online. My favourite colours the two Nudes) from that review with swatches linked to above - which listed a total of 10, not 4 - weren't there.

Toxicity Fri 19-Feb-16 15:53:06

I had a look for this range in the big M&S near me but they didn't seem to have it in stock - boo hiss! I want to take advantage of the 20% off offer but really want to see the products in the flesh before I decide what to buy.

Have any of you seen the range in any London branches? Thanks flowers

MsBojangles Fri 19-Feb-16 18:23:43

polyhmnia, I think there are only 4 glossys in total and 12 regular lipsticks.

polyhymnia Fri 19-Feb-16 19:51:26

Yes, *bojangles, you're right. I didn't read that properly! That said, I did test the Glossy in the colour Supermodel Smile (!), wore it all afternoon and liked it more than I'd have thought I would. Not too bright and texture nice.

polyhymnia Fri 19-Feb-16 19:52:55

Really dislike the casings myself. Prefer the 'less is more' black Nars type ones. Like my rose gold very sparingly used!

MsBojangles Fri 19-Feb-16 21:59:12

Frankly I could quite happily live without ever clapping eyes on rose sodding gold again, I blame those obnoxious MK watches.

I think that was the Glossy I ordered so I'm glad you rated it smile. I've ordered a couple of eye palettes, the stick highlighter, a few of lipsticks and a blush which might well be going back - it's impossible to ascertain the colour of the thing.

I shall of course report back when M&S get their fingers out of their bums and actually deliver them, they haven't even been dispatched yet <sighs>.

polyhymnia Sat 20-Feb-16 00:23:55

Interesting to know what you think. Another MK hater here!

MsBojangles Sun 21-Feb-16 16:55:59

If I do happen to like any of the products I'll probably keep my gob shut, in light of the initially very interesting thread slagging off Caroline Hirons and unethical bloggers in general. Somewhere along the way, grips were lost and conspiracy theories abounded, the latest being that there are faceless moles amongst us who slither around S&B promoting products willy nilly.

Now where did I put that tin hat...

MsBojangles Tue 23-Feb-16 16:12:57

The glossy in 'Supermodel Smile' is perfection in terms of consistency and colour. It's your lips but better for idiots basically, it feels lightweight like a gel but with the comfort of a balm.

The lipsticks are not ground breaking but the colours are very lovely, there's no offensive odour or claggy feel. I got 'Lady Rose', supposedly based on her very own lip shade. Tis a very nice shade (nicer than it looks in those swatches) and makes my teefs look very white.

The eyeshadow palettes are better quality than Charlotte Tilbury imo, I ended up keeping 'Copper Gold Rush', just cause it suited me best. 'I Feel Like a Million Dollars' was gorgeous but my eyelids would have to be literally ironed before I attempted that - all the palettes are shimmer heavy which is my only criticism.

Bought the highlighter stick, easy to smear on and blend with fingers - faff free.

All in all the range was a pleasant surprise and while I still look bugger all like Ms RHW, I feel a little prettier which has got to count for something, right? hmm

polyhymnia Tue 23-Feb-16 17:13:30

Glad you liked the Supermodel Smile one - I had a similar impression when I tried it. Always in search YLBB shades with a very light texture.

ClarenceTheLion Tue 23-Feb-16 17:31:34

I bought four things online using the discount code, and unusually for me I like them all!

Almond Eyes eyeshadow stick. Good colour, goes on smoothly, blends out well, and it's subtle, good for day time. It might replace Painterly as my daytime eye 'look'!

Rose Lace lipstick is a matte warm coral pink. It doesn't feel as drying as MAC mattes. Strong pigmentation.

The gel eyeliner does everything you want an eyeliner to do. It's soft, applies smoothly and has strong colour. It seems to last well too.

The cream blusher, again it blends well, and has good colour payoff.

The packaging is nice too, it feels solid, and I like the magnetic closure on the lipsticks. I know rose gold is overdone, but I only have a couple of makeup things in that packaging shade, so I'm fine with it. Better that than more black plastic!

I haven't been this impressed with a new launch for ages actually.

MsBojangles Tue 23-Feb-16 18:22:44

Wow, a unanimous thumbs up from a notoriously tough crowd, it must be good stuff...or else we're a bunch of PR hacks wink

Clarence Rose Lace is the other lipstick I bought. It's a neutral but with quite a sexy fleshy tone to it, nowhere near as matt as MAC. I quite fancied the almond eyes too but I read somewhere (on here maybe?) that it didn't last, think I'm going to go for it anyway smile

MsBojangles Tue 23-Feb-16 18:29:12

polyhmnia, I'm very tempted to get another Glossy, 'My Best Girl Friend' is nice but the red is very appealing in that easy sort of texture.

Decisions, decisions...

ClarenceTheLion Tue 23-Feb-16 19:12:01

You're right, I just put Rose Lace on again and it isn't matte, it does have a sheen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now