What make up do you carry with you for a day out?

(12 Posts)
PollyPerky Tue 16-Feb-16 16:13:58

I'm thinking about a new handbag and want to reduce what I take with me for a long day out, which might mean 12 hours out of the house, going to a gallery, shopping, lunch etc.

So, what are your essentials to keep you looking good?
I wear full war paint - foundation, concealer, blusher, eye pencil, eye shadow, mascara, lippie.

At the moment I can get away with taking concealer and lipstick. My eye make up stays put but my foundation seems to disappear as does the blusher. I don't have oily skin and I don't use powder.

I am thinking of adding a powder compact to my list of things to take.

ouryve Tue 16-Feb-16 16:14:58

Lip balm
Hand cream.

Jenda Tue 16-Feb-16 16:16:40

Usually just lipstick and powder

PollyPerky Tue 16-Feb-16 16:17:20

I've given up on taking hand cream if anywhere near a shop because a quick wander into JLewis means there are loads of samples to try- Molton Brown etc.

LemonRedwood Tue 16-Feb-16 16:18:48

I've tried to downsize my handbag too. I am now using a clutch size bag and makeup in it consists of facefinity compact, small lipgloss and a small tube of lip balm.
I find my foundation does stay put quite well and I mostly use the compact for when my mascara has smudged and I need to "fix" my under eye bits!

I mainly struggle with not having my huge "mum-size" purse on me permanently.

QueenofLouisiana Tue 16-Feb-16 16:19:54

Hand cream
Lipstick
Mineral powder
Highlighter to wake my face up
Neutral eyeshadow- covers all eventualities with the highlighter.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Tue 16-Feb-16 16:20:42

Various lipstick and glosses. Thats only ever it. I never need to top up anything else. It lasts all day.

girlandboy Tue 16-Feb-16 16:26:58

None!

Make up before I go out, and if it comes off it stays off.

Am I weird? confused

RedMapleLeaf Tue 16-Feb-16 16:28:11

A lip balm.

specialsubject Tue 16-Feb-16 17:59:17

sunscreen and a comb.

I am weird.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 16-Feb-16 18:06:28

Lip balm/ lip butter. I still seem to need a bag the size of a small suitcase for all the other crap stuff I carry around with me though.

Leviticus Tue 16-Feb-16 18:12:37

I have a small make up bag, which contains pressed powder, a retractable kabuki brush, blotting sheets, 2-3 lipsticks and eight hour cream. I never take foundation or perfume out and about but I might add concealer now I think about it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now