that new TRESemme reversed conditioner/shampoo...

(23 Posts)
CwtchyQ Mon 15-Feb-16 19:35:50

Anyone tried it? Is it just marketing bullshit? <naive>

I saw a thread on here yonks ago about conditioning first for volume, it seems it's becoming a proper marketable 'thing'. So tempted to try it to see if it saves my lank mop...

ParcelP Mon 15-Feb-16 20:27:53

Wouldn't the shampoo wash the conditioner and its conditioning properties out?
Whenever I accidentally shampoo after conditioning I have to condition again as my head goes all squeaky and not conditioned

Openmindedmonkey Mon 15-Feb-16 20:31:51

Is this really a thing? I saw it in the daily fail last year & had convinced myself it was an April fool... have I been missing out on gawjus hair all this time?!?

PollyPocket100 Mon 15-Feb-16 20:37:24

I'm tempted to give this a go!

OrangeRhinoInTraining Mon 15-Feb-16 20:42:54

Saw that thread and tried it ages ago. First time - gorgeous, swishy hair that felt like it had been professionally styled smile Second time - hair managed to be frizzy and greasy at same time confused Never again!!

LetsDoThis74 Mon 15-Feb-16 20:53:06

You can do it with any conditioner it's to help prevent ' hygral fatigue' and is highly recommended for afro hair.
www.nenonatural.com/hair-blog/what-is-hygral-fatigue-in-natural-hair

I have afro hair and do it religiously it makes all the difference.

CwtchyQ Mon 15-Feb-16 20:59:21

Well I have done it with my usual shampoo and conditioner, and my hair does seem to have more volume. Interesting link lets!

silverfingersandtoes Mon 15-Feb-16 21:20:50

Ooh interesting Cwtchy, do come back and tell us how it is after you've done it again...

allnewdiamonddealer Tue 16-Feb-16 10:36:18

I tried it after reading about it on the web last year, and I now have some of the new Tresemme stuff. I definitely do find my (fine, lank) hair has more volume using conditioner first.

NutellaLawson Tue 16-Feb-16 11:15:04

I've been doing condition, wash, condition for years to stop my dry hair frizzing. Didnt know it was a thing and im glad I now know there's science behind it.

CwtchyQ Thu 18-Feb-16 12:52:17

Just an update - done it for two washes now and I love the way my hair is. Have just used my normal shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels so much better and definitely has more volume. I am sold!

stumblymonkey Thu 18-Feb-16 13:51:37

Just to make sure I get this correct...is this right...?

1. You apply conditioner to the hair before it is wet

2. You then wet the hair and shampoo as usual

3. You condition again

allnewdiamonddealer Thu 18-Feb-16 14:02:18

Stumbly, I wet my hair then condition, wash it off then shampoo and rinse. I don't condition at the end because that weighs my fine hair down.

stumblymonkey Thu 18-Feb-16 15:33:45

Thanks. Will definitely try this later and if I end up going to see Sarah Millican tonight with lank hair I'll blame you lot grin

Youvegottobekidding Fri 19-Feb-16 14:02:06

But, what if your hair is dry/damaged, I always thought conditioner closed the cuticles on your hair shaft, thus resulting in shiny, undamaged like hair. Leaving the shampoo to last would raise the cuticles open, making hair look frizzy & dry no?

Cakescakescakes Fri 19-Feb-16 16:13:04

Place marking

PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 21:07:06

You can do it with any conditioner/shampoo.

There's a long hair community forum that is full of women who grow their hair down to the floor or longer. One woman had to sit on the branch of a tree to let her hair down- a real life Rapunzel. Then she cut it off to sell so she could pay for an operation for her dog- like real life Little Women.

Anyway, it's full of total gold on haircare tips. I read there to condition the hair longer than 2", then wash with shampoo, then condition again. Idea is that the conditioner protects the older parts of your hair from getting dried out by the shampoo, but not conditioning the roots means the volume is better and you can stretch the time between washes as it doesn't go lank quickly.

Condition has really improved since I started doing that. Hair is smoother and has less frizz/kink (so I don't need to blow dry it straight anymore so that's good for the condition too) and I don't get the frazzly ends now.

CwtchyQ Fri 19-Feb-16 21:49:56

So, to be clear, do I:

1) condition my hair from 2 inches below the root
2) shampoo
3) condition from 2 inches below the root again

Is that right pitpat? I will check that website out too

PitPatKitKat Fri 19-Feb-16 22:02:23

Yup. (Start with wet hair btw)

I tried doing the second condition all over one time and it was flat and the roots went greasy v quickly.

It's amazing the lengths some of those women go to and get too.

CwtchyQ Fri 19-Feb-16 22:07:11

That link is fantastic! Hours will be wasted going through that forum now! Thanks pitpat

JanuaryKat Fri 19-Feb-16 22:09:04

It's a 'thing'?! I've done deepcondition-shampoo-condition on my Irish/Jamaican hair for donkeys years.

SandunesAndRainclouds Fri 19-Feb-16 22:17:10

I've just started using a Body Shop coconut oil on my hair while dry, leaving it for 5 mins before normal shampoo / conditioner in the shower. It is definitely much, much softer and shinier.

CwtchyQ Sun 21-Feb-16 14:06:25

Just wanted to come back and say I'm fully converted after 4 washes - my hair feels great. I'm also using a litttttle extra virgin olive oil on my lengths, an idea taken from the link pitpat posted. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now