Hot cloth cleansing?

(14 Posts)
NantucketNightbird Mon 15-Feb-16 16:18:55

Never done this before but think maybe I should be? What's best to get? I'm going to the nearest decent town tomorrow and I'm pretty clueless. I've heard super drug mentioned on here. I have sensitive dry spot prone skin

ScarlettDarling Mon 15-Feb-16 16:21:29

I'm interested in this too op, so place marking!

I've used the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser which I liked but didn't love...and for the price I want to love it!

hollinhurst84 Mon 15-Feb-16 16:27:57

I like Clinique take the day off as its unscented and basically like a fragrance free lard? In a nice way!!!
Also temple spa do a good one
REN have a hot cloth cleanser

schmalex Mon 15-Feb-16 16:29:50

I like the Liz Earle one. Tried the superdrug one recently and didn't really rate it tbh.

Paddypaws3 Mon 15-Feb-16 16:31:05

I loved Liz Earle but now use Superdrug's. It's not as nice but is fine for the price.

smoothieooo Mon 15-Feb-16 16:31:41

I have to say I love the Superdrug version. Smells more expensive than it is and is mild enough not to irritate my fairly sensitive skin. I'd say definitely worth a go if you haven't done hot cloth cleansing previously...

Jitterybug Mon 15-Feb-16 16:32:15

Superdrug Vit E one has really helped clear my skin, it was recommended on here.

NantucketNightbird Mon 15-Feb-16 16:32:42

What is the super drug one called?

Salene Mon 15-Feb-16 16:33:05

I use Elemis cleansing balm it's lovely

WickedWax Mon 15-Feb-16 16:34:40

I like the Superdrug one - Naturally Radiant.

I also sometimes use coconut oil, just slather it on, rub in a bit then wash off with a warm flannel.

I buy cheap flannels from Home Bargains, I don't like muslin cloths.

Lambzig Mon 15-Feb-16 18:46:49

I have just started using Emma Hardie (from M&S). Smells divine and my skin glows.

midnightmoomoo Mon 15-Feb-16 22:04:34

You can hot cloth cleanse with any cleanser. Just rub in as if you were washing your face with soap and remove with a flannel wrung out in warm water.
I've been doing this since the late 80s after I read in my mum's Best magazine that Barbara Daly recommended cleansing this way. Just wash flannels regularly.

splodgeness Tue 16-Feb-16 12:05:52

I do double cleansing. Use the cheap super drug hot cloth cleanser first to get most of the make up off, then Elemis cleansing balm (smells lush) for a deeper cleanse. This way you only need a little of the expensive one. Just buy flannels from the pound shop and wash/change them regularly.

honeycrumpet Tue 16-Feb-16 12:14:25

The Body Shop camomile cleansing butter is brilliant too. I just use cheap flannels as I prefer the texture of them to muslin cloths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now