Ideas for a low maintenance hairstyle

(5 Posts)
Gisla Mon 15-Feb-16 09:39:55

I'm sick of ponytails. I want to get my hair cut but I'm not sure what to go for.

Hair type is poker straight and fine. I don't have time for straighteners or styling so I want something I can just wash, dry, brush and go. I'm late 20s, have young children and my long(ish) hair is just getting in my way. Ideas please?

glorious Mon 15-Feb-16 09:41:26

Pixie cut! It's amazing. No effort at all except for getting it trimmed.

Gisla Mon 15-Feb-16 09:58:54

Ooh a pixie cut scares me, it's a big change. But the lure of easy hair is strong....

LadyPriggsbottom Mon 15-Feb-16 10:08:37

I got my hair cut a while ago to about 1.5 / 2 inches below my ear lobes. I absolutely love it BUT I really miss being able to put my hair up on days between washes and bad hair days! I'm actually now trying to grow it long again so I can tie it back. Maybe go for something like a shoulder length layered bob - still long enough to tie up but low maintenance in terms of styling. I have had that before, though I do have to say that my current length is way more low maintenance than shoulder length. It needs cut but apart from that a rough dry is all I tend to do - occasionally blow dry with a round brush for special occasions but my straighteners are now completely defunct which is something I never thought possible! So I guess it depends how you would feel about never being able to tie your hair up.

glorious Mon 15-Feb-16 10:29:01

Yeah it is scary but I haven't looked back. Is been with the same hairdresser for ages and she said it'd really suit me, which helped because she will tell me if things won't.

Personally I found a bob the absolute worst but agree that near shoulder length is pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now