Growing out a pixie cut - help with styling/accessories for transition phases

(5 Posts)
moptopp Sat 13-Feb-16 11:44:34

I'm growing out my short hair and wondering about how to go about making it look ok while it grows. So far I've only used a plain hair grip to pin back a particular bit that gets in my eyes sometimes, but I think I need some help on styling it/using accessories in general. The last time I grew out short hair I just left it and looked like a state for about 6/9months. This time I'm going to go fairly regularly to the hairdresser to avoid mullety problems, but I'm not sure what else to do.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Sat 13-Feb-16 12:15:13

When I grew mine out, I made sure to keep the back short until the front and sides free longer, but no doubt your stylist will advise on that.

I learned a lot from bloggers on YouTube about how to style it, so maybe give that a go.

JoyceDivision Sat 13-Feb-16 21:00:27

Just a good stylist. I'm growiing mine out and have used same hairdesser about 18 years. He knows how idle I am... even when I miss an appointment it still holds a shape well, andhe cust it to have a shape with min styling.

I use thisas my go-to cut for growing a crop out.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 13-Feb-16 21:02:44

Try googling Kaley Cuoco's hair. She recently grew out a pixie cut and managed to make the intermediate stages look good.

moptopp Sun 14-Feb-16 09:57:34

I looked at Anne Hathaway a lot when I got my hair cut short, I have quite similar hair, thickness wise anyway. I have hair quite like this at the moment, so my fringe is just about to get too long to be a fringe, I'm going to have to do something different with it soon.

And thanks for the tip on Kaley Cuoco, interesting to see the different stages and styles.

I trust my hairdresser, she'll do a good job of the cuts. I'll look up youtube stuff for how to style it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now