First bra for teen

(5 Posts)
madamy Sat 13-Feb-16 10:26:52

DD is nearly 13 and has finally agreed to a bra. I say finally because she's been quite big for a while but only wanted crop tops. However, she's not happy about going shopping for one (doesn't like clothes shopping at the best of times!). So I've measured her and I think she's coming out at a 28D which seems huge! Her underband pulled snug is 27 inches and around her fullest part bent forward she's 32 inches.
What do you bra gurus think? I think it might be hard to find her a non-wired simple bra in this size!

jessica1808 Sat 13-Feb-16 11:14:42

She may embarrassed but take her somewhere to be fitted, reassure her it's normal, and remember sizes are different in different styles as well as shops. You also need to go somewhere proper as not everywhere does 28 D if that's right

madamy Sat 13-Feb-16 11:26:43

I'm a Bravissimo shopper so fully get the fitting advice. Think I might have to bribe her with Cookie Shake this half term lol!

amazonianwoman Sat 13-Feb-16 12:44:43

Just been through this with DD, she refused to be measured instore so I measured her - also 28D.

We went to John Lewis - they have plenty of non-wired slightly padded bras in this size. Once she'd tried a few she was even persuaded to let a fitter in to check the fit smile

We bought a Lucy bra in 30C and two Megan bras in pink and white size 28D - perfect for school.

madamy Sat 13-Feb-16 13:40:40

Great thanks, I'll go there first!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now