Properly opaque coloured tights

(11 Posts)
pennyennydots Sat 13-Feb-16 09:04:55

I like coloured tights, as well as grey, black etc. Lots I've bought recently just aren't properly opaque. Does anyone know where I can get good thick opaque colourful tights? Like Sophie Robinson wears on the great interior design challenge!
Thank you!!

GoofyIsACow Sat 13-Feb-16 09:08:37

Following this as I have a couple of lovely coloured opaques but i can't find the same quality any more, they were from new look, they were lovely and thick (and still are) but now they don't sell them.
The best opaques i have are the autograph ones from M&S but they only do black.

wickedfairy Sat 13-Feb-16 09:16:02

I have black ones from primark - completely opaque and they had other colours the last time I was in. They were winters colours - maroon, navy, brown, green, etc.

Really thick and they wash and wear surprisingly well!

MamaAwayOnBusiness Sat 13-Feb-16 09:20:41

If you don't mind spending some money try Tabio - great quality and masses of colours, I think I wore their 120DEN tights over four winters before they started to lose colour. If you can get to their shop in Covent Garden it's much more exciting than their confusing website.

albertcampionscat Sat 13-Feb-16 09:22:27

I was just going to say Tabio. Not cheap, but they last for ever.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Sat 13-Feb-16 09:25:13

Another coloured tights lover here. There don't seem to be many on the high street. Recently bought a load off eBay which were good, the make was something like Missi. Type "100 denier coloured tights" into the search and find any colour you want.

patchworkchick Sat 13-Feb-16 09:30:07

try these www.mytights.com/gb/pamela-mann-80-denier-tights.html

pennyennydots Sat 13-Feb-16 12:50:36

Thanks all! I'll have a look.
I used to have some really good ones from new look too!

pennyennydots Fri 19-Feb-16 11:08:57

Seems like American Apparel is a good place for these!

zubizou87 Fri 19-Feb-16 13:16:36

If you can afford to splash out Wolford

amarmai Fri 19-Feb-16 14:18:38

re losing color-you can dye them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now