I can't even dress myself anymore, please help

(9 Posts)
StinkyPie Fri 12-Feb-16 22:35:46

Its mostly due to weight gain, no doubt. But I have no 'good bits' left. I'm a bit distraught. I've ignored this for ages, but I really have to buy new clothes, for work really and I don't know what to do. I only have 2 pairs of shoes and trainers

So, before kids I was averaging 10-10.5 stones and I am 5ft7. I've always had substantial thighs/bottom/hips but good tummy, lower leg and arms/torso

This has all gone. My boobs are large and very baggy. I wear good bras. For work I often wore dress and knee length boots. But my ankles are too fat! I've invested in good boots for wide calves, but my ankles still don't fit comfortably. And I'm at a total loss as to what to wear on my feet. I wear men's brogues for work and some chunky shoes which I've had for 10 years when not at work

My arms are too embarrassing to wear short sleeves. So I wear rubbish cardigans over tunics and thread bare bootcut work trousers

And at home I wear bootcut jeans and massive shirts

I can't ever go out as I haven't any going out clothes. And I'm completely stumped

confusedsad

ginorwine Fri 12-Feb-16 22:57:19

I read on Fb a similar post . The advice was to get basics and accessorise .
How about sainsburys black trousers of which ever cut with a 3/ 4 length wide / boat neck top .
Then accessorise with a fine neck scarf done in a French type way or down middle .
I wear this look a lot for meetings .
Black shoe boots or pumps ?
Add a Mac- Asos -and a fresh bag - again from sainsburys with a nice lippi .
That way you and wear those basics and alternative the scarf as well as add colour to face .
A lot of women where I work do black trousers , black smart t and a cardigan of a pretty colour with a toning necklace or ring .plenty in Matalan , bhs, Sainsbuys .or do above with lbd .its very much a work look that you can make yr own .its not the most exiting but it does seem to work .

ginorwine Fri 12-Feb-16 22:59:38

Ps hope you feel better soon -
Maybe force yourself to get a few basics and at least you may feel like you have more choices .

ginorwine Fri 12-Feb-16 23:04:26

There are some chunky loafers in Clarkes that may be good or broges .
Have you looked at cos online ? Bit too much for me at times but my hairdresser wears amazing tunics from them with black trousers and broges and despite her complaints the her weight she looks , and tells me she feels , pretty good in those cos items .they are v structural - very much a marmite brand in my mind .good luck .

StinkyPie Sat 13-Feb-16 08:52:33

Thank you ginor

I'm going to take a trip to sainsburys today

Can I ask you, what is a Mac asos?

Also what is lbs?

I never paid much attention to clothes or accessories before. I never had to make much of an effort with anything, when i was fit and healthy looking

I've been in decline for 10 years and it isnt good. I'm not HUGE, Im 13 stone, size 16

I need to get in shape really but its so hard

Also where would you buy smart black tshirts?

wickedfairy Sat 13-Feb-16 09:19:24

I think she means that the company Asos (online shop) have nice macs and lbs is pounds in weight.

I second getting the basics and sainsburys do them well. Nice trousers and top - keep them plain and get a few scarves - slightly different look with the same clothes! I have quite a lots of scarves and if you get a few plain tops, you have loads of options. Good luck!

wickedfairy Sat 13-Feb-16 09:20:17

Oh, just read again - it was lbd:
Little black dress smile

bouquetdiva Sat 13-Feb-16 09:39:03

I have found really lovely good quality long sleeved T Shirts in both Jigsaw and Autograph.

ginorwine Sat 13-Feb-16 09:44:43

A Mac from Asos on line
Autograph , Boden , gap do black tops .gap modern Boatneck is fab and often on offer - I size up .
This is a great start !!!!
I joined slimmers world and have lost half stone in 6 weeks with healthy eating , plus you are allowed treats if you factor them in - I have a gin and a Curley Wurley each evening on this plan .wd that be something you are Intrested in ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now