Trousers for skinny 4 year old - what does yours wear?

(15 Posts)
HalfStar Fri 12-Feb-16 12:48:54

DD is just 4 and I struggle to get suitable trousers for her - she mostly wears leggings. She is skinny and probably average height but her legs are long. The best fitting leggings are currently from Next age 2-3, but she's probably growing out of these. Trousers with the button elastic thing that you can make tighter or looser don't work so well on her, I usually have to make them uncomfortably tight so they don't fall down!

Any recommendations?

Jenijena Fri 12-Feb-16 12:51:27

Vertbaudet have skinny/medium/wider waist ranges - might be worth a try?

Indecisivejo Fri 12-Feb-16 14:26:14

I have same problem with my 4 yr old boy! Things that fit in waist are too short in leg and things that are long enough in leg literally fall off his waist! Next,m&s,house of Fraser and debenhams seem to be the best fitting for him and they HAVE to have an adjustable waist

Thurlow Fri 12-Feb-16 14:34:05

DD is like this. We do quite well with Asda jeans - these, these and these I've bought twice. She's still a size down though, so at 4 she's only just going into 3-4 size.

We still have a wee bit of an ankle issue sometimes, but they fit her waist pretty well.

originalmavis Fri 12-Feb-16 14:35:11

Zara are cut quite slim.

HalfStar Fri 12-Feb-16 14:52:55

Thanks very much everyone for the recommendations. Thurlow, those options from Asda all look pretty spot-on, so I'll look there for sure.

Blueprintorange Fri 12-Feb-16 14:54:33

H&M have an adjustable waist, and seem to have longer legs than most other shops!

poocatcherchampion Fri 12-Feb-16 14:57:39

My nearly 4 year old told me today she only wants leggings from now on. She has a lovely pair of combats that she occasionally wears out of pity because she knows I love them..

Thurlow Fri 12-Feb-16 15:02:19

Free delivery and returns to store as well. All DD's clothes come from Asda grin

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 12-Feb-16 15:05:59

The gap skinny jegging jeans are amazing. You may have to size up but they are good for skinny children with long legs.

Glitterspy Fri 12-Feb-16 15:11:11

Polarn O Pyret jeans are the only ones that properly fit my lanky 3 year old girl.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 12-Feb-16 15:11:39

GAP pull-on legging jeans worked well for my tall skinny kid.

Thelovecats Fri 12-Feb-16 19:12:32

Vertbaudet are fab for my skinny child- they have adjustable waist tabs but I don't have to use them at all thanks to their very slim fit- amazing!

BrieAndChilli Fri 12-Feb-16 19:24:50

H&M seem to be the best fit for my skinny boys and my friend finds it good for her skinny daughter.

OpposableThumbs2 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:26:49

H&M all the way for my skinny daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now