Cheap hair/beauty items you keep coming back to

(60 Posts)
Beachlovingirl Fri 12-Feb-16 09:35:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NickiFury Fri 12-Feb-16 09:36:59

Elnette hairspray. No other hairspray is as good.

StephenKatz Fri 12-Feb-16 09:42:52

St Moritz fake tan, works just as well as the more expensive stuff. And applied with a Primark tanning mitt!

GetSchwifty Fri 12-Feb-16 09:44:09

Batiste, Lidls cien night cream

wickedwaterwitch Fri 12-Feb-16 09:46:23

Astral moisturiser
Rimmel hide the blemish

cruikshank Fri 12-Feb-16 09:48:40

I was just going to say Rimmel hide the blemish! I've been using it since I was about 14 years old, which is erm a long time ago.

BikeRunSki Fri 12-Feb-16 09:49:05

Boots Curl Creme. Huge tub gir about £2.

DM gave me some posh hairdressery stuff for curly hair for Christmas. It's horrible.

BikeRunSki Fri 12-Feb-16 09:49:57

Atrixo hand cream.

cruikshank Fri 12-Feb-16 09:51:11

Ooh, I agree about Boots Curl Creme too - it really really works. I do put some serum on first but the creme itself is excellent on my hair. If they ever stop making it I'll become a (frizzy-haired) recluse.

stumblymonkey Fri 12-Feb-16 09:58:32

<makes note to self about Boots curl creme>

Palmer's cocoa butter body lotion for me. Noted by a lot of beauty editors as being as good as any expensive brand and about £2.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 12-Feb-16 10:05:49

Astral.
Boots Glycerine and Rosewater as a hydrating toner
Boots Vit E night cream
Am recent convert to Superdrug Vit E hot cloth cleanser (I resisted because I hated their radiant one, v chemically and itchy but this is lovely, rich and creamy and soothing and smells great. Just as nice as Elemis

cruikshank Fri 12-Feb-16 10:06:55

Give it a go, stumblymonkey, honestly. I quite often get asked how I keep my curl (this never used to happen before I started using it) and I've therefore turned a fair few people onto it and they've been really pleased with it as well. It kind of feels like a very heavy duty conditioner going on, but it defines curls and stops completely the kind of frizz-halo effect that I found I got even with John Frieda and all sorts of different things over the years.

stumblymonkey Fri 12-Feb-16 10:58:30

Oooh....excited about the curl creme!

Could be the product I've always being looking for!

Glamorousglitter Fri 12-Feb-16 12:08:30

Rimmell Kate moss lipstick

Vaseline

Coconut oil

Rimmell waterproof mascara

Nyx lip liners and eye liners

Bio oil (for legs / cellulite post body brushing )

madmomma Fri 12-Feb-16 12:38:21

Tresemme conditioner in the red pot, and the matching heat defence spray. Vaseline, aussie shampoo, max factor mascara,

nickEcave Fri 12-Feb-16 14:37:39

Vaseline, flexitol cracked heel balm (great for really manky hands as well as feet but doesn't smell very nice!) , max factor Masterpiece mascara, Palmers coconut butter (unscented version) cornsilk powder, Boots no7 tinted moisturieser - have used this as an alternative to foundation for 15 years.

bawabod Fri 12-Feb-16 15:13:12

Nivea creme in the blue tub or tin a fabulous moisturiser for dry skin on face feet hands

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-Feb-16 16:38:08

Aussie Shower Gel (all of them but especially 'Fresh Mate' ) - just spied it on special offer on the Superdrugs site.

And Superdrug Radience 2-in-1 serum/moisturiser. Really nice, matte finish, my skin feels relaxed even in the cold weather when it usually feels a size too small.

MazzleDazzle Fri 12-Feb-16 16:49:50

Carmex

It is the only thing that cures dry, chapped lips, rather then feeding the cycle. I've tried products 5 X the price and nothing even comes close.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Fri 12-Feb-16 17:33:56

Alberto balsam shampoo, best I've ever used. It's 4 for £3 at Tesco, absolute bargain!

Beachlovingirl Fri 12-Feb-16 18:04:02

Donge13 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:24:11

Maybeline mascara in the pink tube
Nivea in the blue pot
Rimmel Kate lipsticks
Barry m nail polish

Beachlovingirl Fri 12-Feb-16 18:27:52

Indecisivejo Fri 12-Feb-16 18:52:49

Ok why is the Alberto shampoo and cond so good? Also are they gonna be discontinued to make way for the newer Alberto ones?

midnightmoomoo Fri 12-Feb-16 18:54:41

Astral
Liz Earle toner because I love the smell
Sure roll on in cotton fresh because any other roll on brings me out in s terrible rash
Sudocrem for spots although I recently discovered that Germoline is also brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now