Which flat shoes with leggings?

(9 Posts)
stumblymonkey Thu 11-Feb-16 19:43:28

So I've got to the size that leggings now look better on me, and are more comfortable, than jeans.

I'm starting Slimming World on Tuesday. In the meantime I'll be wearing leggings for a few months...over winter I've worn them with flat boots.

Now that Spring is around the corner I'm wondering what the hell to wear on my feet with leggings that are flat (so good for shopping in/walking around).

The shoes I've tried so far look a little odd with leggings to me....what flat shoes do you wear with leggings?

ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 11-Feb-16 20:10:37

I wear leggings tons and in summer I wear coloured ballerinas. The best ones are from oasis, but next also do nice ones. I tend to wear some kind of colourful dress, ballerinas that match one of the colours in it, black leggings and some sort of cardigan if it's colder. It's not the most original or fashion forward outfit but I'm a teacher and I wear this to work in the summer most days.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 11-Feb-16 20:45:51

I love my Converse high tops with leggings (but I'm old and not with it)

TheTigerIsOut Thu 11-Feb-16 20:49:24

I really wouldn't wear leggings with flats unless I was very tall and skinny.

I use my leggings with boots, they are comfy enough and hide my big ankles.

DianaT1969 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:13:00

I'm 5'4 and size 14 and wear leggings with these. They are really comfy and don't attract a lot of attention to the feet. The foot is elongated more than in trainers because the top part is smooth and open.
H&M but they are in Zara too.
http://m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0354065003.html

outputgap Thu 11-Feb-16 21:14:37

Ballerinas for sure, or knee high boots in the winter.

Runningupthathill82 Thu 11-Feb-16 22:32:31

I really wouldn't wear leggings with flats, unless the leggings were worn with a summer dress - ie in place of tights rather than trousers on a hot day - IYSWIM.

In that situation I'd wear them with sandals, not ballerinas (just my opinion but although ballerinas and leggings are a staple "look" they rarely look good, I think).

Do you definitely have to go for leggings? Could jeggings be a compromise? They're more trouser-like and far more versatile.

The Sainsburys ones are only £12 and actually ok - I've been living in mine since DD was born two weeks ago, as they're so comfortable. Footwear-wise, they work well with Converse for everyday wear.

Dancergirl Thu 11-Feb-16 22:47:09

I wear different shoes with leggings, they all look ok (I think!):

Chunky loafers
Ballerina pumps
Converse
Puma suede trainers

stumblymonkey Fri 12-Feb-16 09:06:08

Running...I might give jeggings a go. Will purchase a pair when I next go to Sainsburys.

I'll see what a pair of ballerina pumps look like...

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now