Fading to Joules coat?

(5 Posts)
carrielou2007 Thu 11-Feb-16 17:48:40

Has anyone else had this? Bought a Joules coat just before Christmas called Raina gorgeous navy blue with flowers. It's waterproof and I've noticed all down one side and one sleeve oddly it's faded - if I put the other side next to it you can notice the difference?

I wonder if it is the type of material it's almost like dried water marks but why only on some places? I bought it from John Lewis and wondering about taking it back but the design now is different (black with white flowers) which I don't like. However I don't want to wear a coat that looks faded and scruffy after 6 weeks use!

daisydalrymple Thu 11-Feb-16 19:31:07

I've got this with a BODEN one- rainy day Mac style. It's a navy with cream spots, but has what looks like sun fading all over, bar under the collar, arms, anywhere that doesn't see the sun basically! So now looks a faded grey tone.

Probably not a helpful post mind you, as you only bought yours in December, so I'm guessing unless you have a tropical facing hallway with bright sunlight catching your coat stand, it's probably not that grin

chumbler Thu 11-Feb-16 19:39:50

Return it

carrielou2007 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:57:46

We do walk to school and I was off work following an op Dec/Jan for 7 weeks so the coat did get wet as I was not allowed to drive in that time. Would 'drape' it over staircase to dry off though surely it would be faded all over? 'Sunny' South west rather than the tropics grin. I bought it as a Christmas present for myself saddo waterproof coat I have the receipt I think I will take it back and see what JL say.

Franki9581 Mon 15-Aug-16 10:18:30

Personally I think that joules need to remove their superior quality label. They are not! I bought two summer dresses, my oldest wore hers, washed it, got holes in it from one wash. Nothing else in the machine was damaged. My youngest wore hers. I thought I would be extra careful. Rinsed a stain out with liquid soap and Luke warm water before giving it a cool wash. Checked it before putting it in the machine. HOLES! 7 weeks for the exchange process only to be sent a voucher for less than the clearance value of the dresses. What am I supposed to do with that?????!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now