Hour glass inspiration

(9 Posts)
PumpingRSI Wed 10-Feb-16 07:00:57

So I'm nearly at the end of my 2nd pregnancy and looking forward to getting back into my old clothes again. I very much have big boobs and big hips / rounded bum with a skinny waist. I hope it comes back eventually but I'd like to take it as an opportunity to make the most of my waist that I've missed for so long. I got into BSD habits of wearing tunics, v unwaisted tops, and because I'm tall often things stopping at waist will give me a gap before the jeans or trousers start iyswim. Pre preg I was largely a size 12 and 5ft 8. What sort of items should I be looking to invest in, shops that do this cut without being too 50s do-wop or UK fashion blog that might inspire me? Can't wait to have a bit throw out and overhaul to look stylish again!!

PumpingRSI Wed 10-Feb-16 18:24:53

Boo, no help.

herecomesthsun Wed 10-Feb-16 19:48:50

BSD?

PumpingRSI Thu 11-Feb-16 07:00:58

Ha, typo - bad!

DianaT1969 Thu 11-Feb-16 21:17:05

Asos wiggle dresses and Missguided.

TimeToMuskUp Thu 11-Feb-16 21:23:18

Oh I got all excited when I saw Hourglass and thought you meant the makeup! No advice (but the palette arrived this week and is very good!)

eagerbeagle Thu 11-Feb-16 21:38:58

I'm have an hourglass shape and I love a lot of Baukjen stuff, their jersey dresses and tops are very flattering on an hourglass figure IMO. I also have some decent pied a terre stuff (in sale is v reasonable). But I am mostly buying workwear.

Tailored shirts are good, from wherever, and mid-rise jeans I find the most flattering. I have some Levi Demi curve (I like straight leg but they do skinnies as well) that look great. Too low rise and they just fall down to high rise and they bag on the waist.

Titsywoo Thu 11-Feb-16 21:41:26

I am an hourglass, albeit larger than you grin

I always make sure my waist is accentuated. If I wear tunics I look like a blob. I go for tops that having ruching or wrap around. Skinny jeans or bootcut (worn long over heels). Coats that go in at the waist, dresses that go in at the waist or are fitted all over. V necks or slashnecks. I like having big boobs and a big bum so I don't try to cover them up (not that I go around in hotpants but I don't wear shapeless clothes to try and look slimmer because it doesn't work!)

For example today I was wearing this top with dark skinny jeans (not the ultra tight all the way down type, the slightly straight leg type) and boots. I wore a longer length white vest top underneath - that sort of thing will work for you if you are concerned about short tops. Layering is your friend!

Phase 8 clothes looks great on hourglass shapes.

PumpingRSI Sat 13-Feb-16 07:45:22

Thanks for the recommendations, not heard of a number if these places so will check them out. Think I've just got into the habit if hiding my figure and not dressing to show off the good bits. Embarrassed by boobage perhaps grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now