what is a good make for a decent quality necklace?

(11 Posts)
TutuEarly Tue 09-Feb-16 19:57:23

Doesn't necessarily have to have diamonds etc but would like a classic style.

Any ideas?

MaybeDoctor Tue 09-Feb-16 20:09:00

Try Dower and Hall or maybe Links of London.

If buying any kind of stone, I would go to Hatton Garden.

BikeRunSki Tue 09-Feb-16 20:10:06

Links of London

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 09-Feb-16 20:11:14

I wouldn't be bothered about branding at all.

cressetmama Tue 09-Feb-16 20:17:48

Have a look at these people. Not branded but sometimes just the right thing.

cressetmama Tue 09-Feb-16 20:18:44

Braybrook & Britton. Sorry link didn't work.

slebmum1 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:45:55

I would try and find something independent and definitely not Links!

goddessofsmallthings Tue 09-Feb-16 21:10:01

What type of 'classic style' do you have in mind? Do you have preference for gold, silver or platinum, and do you want the necklace to be plain or set with stones of some kind or other? White diamonds never date and can be worn with any colour outfit.

I have an 18" sterling silver necklace in a Greek key design which is so versatile that I'm considering investing in a white gold version. There's enough going in the necklace to make it interesting and a tad different from many other classic styles, but it lends itself to any occasion and I've had umpteen compliments on it.

It's far from being a statement piece and is big enough to be noticeable but not too big to be discreet.

I also bought a matching bracelet which I wear virtually every day and I never get bored with it. There are some Celtic designs which hold the same fascination for me, but I'm happy with my Greek purchase.

HortonWho Tue 09-Feb-16 21:13:49

Geog Jensen does stuff in silver as well as gold. Their pieces hold value and sell for quite a bit on eBay. They do clean/modern as well as more classic stuff like the Heritage line.

SpeakerOfTheHouse Wed 10-Feb-16 08:46:17

I love Monica Vinader..

thecatfromjapan Wed 10-Feb-16 08:57:35

I was going to suggest Georg Jensen too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now