one beauty product for highly sensitive skin

(9 Posts)
AimUnder Tue 09-Feb-16 11:46:33

Hi, I have highly sensitive skin. I've tried quite a few high end products and ended up with breakouts. I have pores, a bit of dry skin and have scars and pigmentation on face. I just want one product that I can use every day to clean my face. Can anyone recommend anything? Budget is not an issue, as long as it works.

Indecisivejo Tue 09-Feb-16 12:53:03

Can you tell us what you have already tried?

LakeFlyPie Tue 09-Feb-16 12:55:28

Cetaphil, it's not glamorous but is the only product I've tried which doesn't aggravate my skin

handslikecowstits Tue 09-Feb-16 15:35:23

www.amazon.co.uk/CeraVe-Hydrating-Cleanser-12-oz/dp/B000YJ2SKM. Doesn't smell and I don't react to it.

margaritasbythesea Tue 09-Feb-16 18:00:06

Cetaphil. I react to every other bloody thing, including La Roche Posay and Avene.

AimUnder Wed 10-Feb-16 08:34:57

Thanks all!

I've tried la Roche, Murad, Liz Earle

mintbiscuit Wed 10-Feb-16 23:03:28

You need to find a cleanser with a ph of 5.5 or below. Anything higher will strip your skin and damage your moisture barrier causing inflammation and acne.

I use a lot of asian beauty products and ship my cleansers from overseas as there is a better choice and quality (imo!) However, cleansers that are ph 5.5 or below here (assuming you are in UK) include - off the top of my head: cerave foaming or hydrating cleanser (US brand only available on Amazon), superdrug vit e hot cloth cleanser, Eucerin cleansing milk and La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel.

You might be able to find some more via google.

I have both the cerave cleansers so if you want some decants to test I can post them to you to test for cost of postage. PM me if you want to. smile

Destinysdaughter Thu 11-Feb-16 06:06:45

I find Boots No7 gentle cleansing cream ( the pink one ) very gentle on my skin.

MingZillas Thu 11-Feb-16 06:19:16

I use Clinique face wash for combination skin and have you heard of the Clarasonic? I got it for Christmas and this combo is amazing for my skin. I'd definitely recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now