Black work trousers

(13 Posts)
Pippin8 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:45:21

I ordered 2 pairs of black work trousers from next, 1 tapered, 1 skinny. Both were too tight on my calves. Usually it's my hips & thighs that I struggle with, never my calves.

Where can I get some decent, stylish work trousers that aren't too pricey. I'm not a fan of wide leg, boot cut or polyester.

ThisFenceIsComfy Mon 08-Feb-16 19:47:36

I ordered some from H&M, they are ok, and very cheap

amarmai Mon 08-Feb-16 21:48:06

my dd just got the best fitting narrow leg black work pants by Theory.

BikeRunSki Mon 08-Feb-16 21:52:59

I struggle to get any non-flared trousers over my calfs, but seem to have a good amount of success at Sainsbury's, for work and casual trousers.

I have had the same experience as you with Next trousers; also Gap, M&S, Boden and Toast.

elotrolado Tue 09-Feb-16 14:27:10

Another one for Sainsbury's here! I got a lovely black slim/skinny stretch pair there which have held their shape brilliantly.

BikeRunSki Tue 09-Feb-16 14:45:46

Sounds like the same as men elotrolado.

desperatehousewife21 Tue 09-Feb-16 15:15:45

I struggle with this too, I get slim fit or skinny but some shops (Asos in looking at you) version of skinny they're more like treggings.

My fav that I've found so far are Zara think they might be their basic range, not too tight anywhere and don't come right up above my belly button. Slim leg really flattering.

fiorentina Tue 09-Feb-16 21:53:32

I've got pairs from H&M, Hobbs and Jigsaw.

MissWimpyDimple Tue 09-Feb-16 22:02:56

I get mine in sainsburys too! Thought i was the only one in on that secret smile

It's the heavyweight slight stretch "slim cut" , they really are great

TiredLittleApple Wed 10-Feb-16 06:03:27

Gap cropped skinnies, cotton stretch and excellent fit

Rainshowers Sat 13-Feb-16 15:42:44

I need petite length trousers and for ages haven't been able to find nice black skinny work trousers. I finally struck lucky in Wallis last week. Think I'm going to go back and get a second pair as back up!

Rebecca54 Sun 14-Feb-16 10:03:12

Thanks for the Sainsburys tip. I have been wearing trousers to the office far more than I used to and needed a couple of new pairs. I managed to buy some good quality slightly stretchy slim fit pairs which are great and great value!

Behooven Sun 14-Feb-16 11:19:10

Is this them? here

I need some black work trousers, so fed up with M & S and their billowing crotches!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now