Outfit for graduation while 37 weeks pregnant

(5 Posts)
ParsnipSoup Mon 08-Feb-16 00:42:02

I'm graduating from my degree later this spring when I'll be 37 weeks pregnant. As well as panicking about my waters breaking as I cross the stage I'm also really worried about finding something to wear.

At my first graduation we had open graduation gowns, but these are the more traditional style gowns with the v-shaped bit that tucks under a man's tie.

I need something smart and sturdy enough to be able to support the gown if I safety pin it to whatever I'm wearing. I'd also quite like to look nice because I already feel like I'm a giant unglamorous beach ball.

I was hoping someone would have some ideas...

Murloc Mon 08-Feb-16 01:41:41

I wore a plain black knee length shift dress from Isabella Oliver for mine - it didn't have buttons, but I took safety pins to attach it and it sat nicely.

Their material is nice quality so it's heavy enough to not stretch under the weight of the gown.

Maybe something like this (sorry, can't do links properly on my phone):

www.isabellaoliver.com/uk/m/shop/occasions/maternity-work-clothes/parkland-maternity-dress-dark-grey-melange.htm

Also: Congratulations!

ParsnipSoup Mon 08-Feb-16 02:09:38

That's really nice! I think I'm going to end up ordering a few things and safety pinning a duvet cover to myself as a trial run. What could possibly go wrong?!

Pupsiecola Mon 08-Feb-16 10:04:10

I wanted to say congratulations too! I am studying for a degree as a mature student; I can't imagine going through it whilst pg! flowers.

ParsnipSoup Mon 08-Feb-16 11:11:22

I actually finished it in September of this year, the graduation is just ages away in May bizarrely. I'd really be struggling if I was pregnant and trying to write my dissertation, all I can think about is gaviscon and wanting to nap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now