leather soled shoes (particularly hudsons) how do they wear?

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sun 07-Feb-16 13:53:37

Ok so got an order in for some smaller sophie chelsea boots hopong they'll fit well.
But I am wondering how the leather soles do, do they need any maintenance or treatment?
If you have hudsons, how are they holding up? I'm buying these thinking they'll be a staple for years. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

TweenageAngst Sun 07-Feb-16 13:55:27

I always get a rubber sole added to my leather soled shoes. They wear better and it keeps them water resistant.

keeponkeepinon Sun 07-Feb-16 13:59:25

Oh man really? Are they useless in wet weather? I don't want to have to re sole them from the start!

hettie Sun 07-Feb-16 14:40:29

Yeah, you'll have to resole... But both of my Hudson boots are the comfiest things Weber and once resoled will last forever... You can get a rubber sole put on for about £10 ...

keeponkeepinon Sun 07-Feb-16 15:55:51

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/Hudson-London/H-by-Hudson-Sophie-Tan-Leather-Chelsea-Ankle-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5168058 thanks. I'm not even 100% sure they are leather soles. They came in a plain box with no stickers labels or info. The more I think about it the odder it gets with this one. Its like theyve been worn or something as there are scratches on it. So I was in contact with cust servs for a replacement.
It sems as if it could be leather but a very thin layer of it. It certainly cant be 100% leather. Theres no details on the site now as its sold out. Theres a rubber part to tje sole of the heel then what could be leather nailed to the other part of the heel. I cant work it out. blush I just can't tell!
Do you think they look a bit too orangey? Theyre almost peach coloured and I'm not sure about it. They look more orangey than in the picture. I don't want to look like I'm wearing rigger boots!

keeponkeepinon Sun 07-Feb-16 18:43:51

What is the point of the leather soles? I don't get it. If they're going to be shredded after a few wears why not just have rubber soles?
Its making me think I should send them back as they're going to be high maintenance. Where else can I get lovely quality chelsea boots but with a non leather sole?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now