hair colour help!

(6 Posts)
Madelinehatter Sun 07-Feb-16 08:52:03

Aargh! I was naturally mousey brown and used to have blonde and sort of caramel highlights, usually slices. It looked nice. However I am now very grey. Not a nice steely grey but white pretty much everywhere at the top and sides. To avoid regrowth decided to go lighter.

Hairdresser put fine blonde through. Now it looks awful. Too yellowy and one flat colour.

What can I ask for to lift the colour. I want to avoid obvious regrowth so going darker all over wont help. Shall I ask for some lowlights? Ash maybe to tone it down?

In the meantime could I buy a toner? Or am I asking for trouble?

Madelinehatter Sun 07-Feb-16 11:37:50

Anyone? What about one of those super drug wash in wash out things?

I am desperate. I look like Margi Clarke!

Madelinehatter Sun 07-Feb-16 13:08:33

Anyone? Anyone?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 07-Feb-16 15:28:13

Hi Madeline To banish yellow from blonde hair I use a purple shampoo from Boots. It's called Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Shampoo. I usually towel dry my hair and leave it on for about 5/10 mins then rinse and condition. It tones down any brassiness and isn't drying like some toners.

I have seen great reviews of Superdrug own brand shader and toner in ash blonde but haven't tried it myself. Good luck.

Madelinehatter Sun 07-Feb-16 17:24:04

Thanks for replying!

I have bought some purple shampoo but will try what you suggest too.

I think I am returning to hairdressers next week.....

ashleysummer87 Mon 21-Mar-16 09:25:37

I also think that yellow tinge in blonde hair is particularly unwelcome. I personally use the toning shampoo once a week to maintain the tone, and use my sulfate-free shampoo for my other washes. Finally, I have hair colour I've always dreamt of. Something like this (image downloaded from here therighthairstyles.com/platinum-blonde-and-white-hair/ )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now