Do I need powder with a tinted moisturiser ??

(8 Posts)
carrielou2007 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:06:15

Just rediscovering makeup following almost 4 years of not being able to wear any. I lost the sight in my left eye poor sight started to fail to my right. Following successful op to right eye new glasses and able to try a contact lense so wanting to feel a bit like 'me' again.

I'm not able to wear any eye makeup at all, so thinking lipgloss/tinted moisturiser tried some last night Clinique cc lovely light coverage what I'm after but I was still a bit shiny. I used primer, do I need a powder?

I also have some bare minerals stuff I like which was nice coverage but made my skin look 'flat' so do I need blusher/bronzer?

I used both one on each side of my face and was going to post a pic but missed my lips with the lipgloss blush my lack of eyesight knocks my confidence!

Or any other very light coverage products I should be looking for? I'm very out of touch and now 42 want to be able to 'enhance' my skin a bit more than the funny-eyed-lady I've been grin

Realitea Sat 06-Feb-16 13:33:55

You could try smash box powder swirled with a large brush then applied. Their finish is made just to look like skin, no special finishes, just natural.

carrielou2007 Sat 06-Feb-16 15:11:20

Sounds just what I'm after thank you smile. Do I use that after the tinted moisturiser or by itself?

Realitea Sat 06-Feb-16 15:28:16

I'd let the moisturiser sink in for ten minutes then apply. It's quite a light to medium coverage so you won't need much.
Without the moisturiser it won't have much to cling to so it would look a bit patchy or not last as long.
It should give a lovely natural finish!

carrielou2007 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:46:50

Excellent, the two nearest Boots branches not that stock it, one is a stones throw from the Eye Hospital so I can nip in their after my follow up to get some smile thank you flowers

carrielou2007 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:47:28

Random 'not' in that sentence grin

carrielou2007 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:48:04

Their shock hangs head

Realitea Sat 06-Feb-16 20:56:14

Fantastic! Try before you buy though just to make sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now