Please can you help me with my bra?

(5 Posts)
SnuffleGruntSnorter Fri 05-Feb-16 15:19:34

Dear Bra Experts,

I'm having lots of trouble with my bra! I used to always wear a 30D measured in the proper way and was happy until I got pregnant. Ended up in a 32DD maternity bra that's been OK for pregnancy but has been getting more and more awful since as my ribcage has shrunk and the bra has stretched.

Measurements wise I'm 28inches under bust, 35 at the fullest part. Unsurprisingly my maternity bras are all kinds of wrong - creeping high up my back and under boob emerging from where the wires would be if there were any. Cup is probably a little on the small side too.

I've tried on my pre-pregnancy bras and the 30 band feels good. But the cup is hilariously small and I pour out of the top nipple and all.

To complicate matters I am still breastfeeding so ideally a breastfeeding bra would be best but willing to compromise for the fit. I don't want to spend a fortune as I fully expect to deflate soon.

Should I try a 30E? Or does a 28 EE exist anywhere? Am I doing this correctly? Where is the best place to find bras that might fit?

Thanks?

handslikecowstits Fri 05-Feb-16 15:27:02

Sounds like you've got my problem of a small back and a large cup. I'd try a 28F and a 28FF. The middle bit should sit flat on your body. There should be no boob escapage.

I don't think 28EE exists and from what you've posted F cup might be more appropriate anyway.

Gunting Fri 05-Feb-16 15:28:43

Do you have an independent or bravissimo near by?

Also EE doesn't exist it just goes to an F. If you're looking for nursing bras then there's a fab online shop (nursingbra-shop.co.uk) and they definitely do 28" backs and I believe they also do free returns if it isn't right?

SnuffleGruntSnorter Fri 05-Feb-16 15:29:08

Thank you!

Where do you find bras that fit you the best?

SnuffleGruntSnorter Fri 05-Feb-16 15:30:25

I've never been to a bravissimo before, they were much more humble before I had a baby so there was no need, hence my complete confusion about how the bigger sizes are even labelled!

Maybe I need to take a trip to bravissimo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now