hibiscrub may. be my HG skin product

(20 Posts)
potap123 Fri 05-Feb-16 10:37:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wagglebees Fri 05-Feb-16 11:31:55

I was forever bleating on about hibi scrub on here so it may have been one of my posts you saw. I'll tell myself it was anyway so I can feel smug. grin

It's a miracle product imo. Not sure about using it as a toner though. I've always washed it off really thoroughly. Never left it on. It can be really serious if you get a bit in your eyes.

Very glad it's working for you though.

Heatherjayne1972 Fri 05-Feb-16 12:49:59

Um hibiscrub is a powerful detergent used in hospital theatres dental surgeries doctors vets and probably lots of other medical places. Please be careful it's very strong and NOT recommend for your face. Makes the skin on your hands very very dry

handslikecowstits Fri 05-Feb-16 13:05:47

Woah! Hibiscrub is (forgive my lack of eloquence) some serious shit!! Please be careful putting it on your skin. Any product which says avoid contact with the brain and meninges demands respect. I think I'd use it more as a spot treatment - dabbing it on individual ones.

Pleased it's working for you though.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 05-Feb-16 13:07:24

Another one advising caution. It is pretty hardcore stuff.

SealSong Fri 05-Feb-16 13:09:14

You have to dilute it do you?

handslikecowstits Fri 05-Feb-16 13:10:46

Just had a look on veterinary websites and it recommends dilution. It might be a good idea to do so as it can cause skin problems and I imagine prolonged use might cause your skin to eventually become oily as it tries to compensate for the drying effects.

AndSoWeBeatOn Fri 05-Feb-16 13:13:40

potap123 Fri 05-Feb-16 13:45:22

potap123 Fri 05-Feb-16 13:49:29

handslikecowstits Fri 05-Feb-16 13:49:47

Totally agree with regard to roaccutane. For some the side effects are worse than the acne itself.

I'd monitor the dryness of your skin given that you've only been using it a month. It might start to dry out as time progresses.

MrsMeow Fri 05-Feb-16 18:48:26

You can buy Hibiscrub in Boots so surely it can't be that risky? Unless it's a milder version? Thanks OP I'll grab a bottle and try it, was debating it the other week.

Wolpertinger Fri 05-Feb-16 18:58:00

You can buy it in Boots. But given the number of hospital workers traipsing to Occ Health with sore hands from handwashing with harsh soaps, I wouldn't use it on my face thanks.

MrsMeow Fri 05-Feb-16 19:01:31

Ah is it the same as the hand wash then or more like the alcohol? I'm a nurse and my hands are in bits from work! Maybe I'll give it a miss then...although I still get spots at 36. It's v tempting!

Corygal1 Fri 05-Feb-16 20:36:33

A lot of alarmist stuff going on here - hibiscrub is a widely used skin wash. You can get it on prescription OP, so cheaper. It has also saved me endless misery by stopping my skin infections.

potap123 Fri 05-Feb-16 21:51:01

Laquila Fri 05-Feb-16 22:01:03

Agree with Corygal. I used to use it (diluted half with water) as a face wash, after washing my face with La Roche Posay Gentle Foaming Cleanser first. I always made sure I rinsed it off properly. The combo worked bloody wonders for me! I used either LRP Toleriane Ultra moisturiser afterwards, or Neal's Yard Rose Facial Oil. I'm pregnant now and my skin is inexplicably great again without me having to use Hibiscrub (in fact I hardly use anything - hormones can be brilliant sometimes smile)

Mandelinka Fri 05-Feb-16 22:34:36

My hubby used hibi to get rid of smelly feet, I occasionally use it on my chin or top of my back to treat acne (diluted)
It's a staple

derektheladyhamster Sat 06-Feb-16 15:27:43

Yep HG for me too. I use it as a second cleanser, and then wash it off.

CadburysTastesVileNow Sat 06-Feb-16 21:56:08

It is wonderful. End of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now