what to wear with a denim shirt/blouse?

(10 Posts)
ItsaTenfromDen Thu 04-Feb-16 19:04:15

I bought a denim shirt/blouse and few weeks ago, haven't worn it yet as I don't know what to team it up with

it's not a classic denim shirt style, it's shorter in the body, doesn't have breast pockets and has a small slit up the back, so would be worn out, not tucked in

Any ideas what to wear it with?

ItsaTenfromDen Thu 04-Feb-16 19:04:45

Oh and it's midblue in colour

Bostin Thu 04-Feb-16 19:08:22

Black high waisted jeans? That's what I'd go for

LadyPriggsbottom Thu 04-Feb-16 19:30:59

Is it quite fitted? If so, maybe an a-line or maxi skirt? I'd probably do that. I have a red one which might work but that's not all that helpful for you! grin

ItsaTenfromDen Thu 04-Feb-16 19:39:10

I don't think it's fitted. I really should try it on lol.

I'm on holiday next week, I shall have a play around and try it on with a few different things.

I have black jeans and a black skirt, so will start there, thank you both

Towardsthesun Thu 04-Feb-16 19:43:43

I bought one recently and wore it loose over a white long sleeve t shirt, black high waisted jeans and boots. My dd liked it for a change so that's enough for me.

mrslebon Thu 04-Feb-16 21:53:35

I wear mine over a grey vest top and white relaxed jeans or khaki utility trousers in the summer. Otherwise it's over a long sleeved top (usually striped) with black skinnies. If it can be buttoned up, they look great tucked in to a pencil skirt. If you put 'denim shirt' into Pinterest, you'll get loads of inspiration.

Turbinaria Thu 04-Feb-16 22:00:55

A really pretty full floral skirt and heels

MairzyDoats Thu 04-Feb-16 22:30:04

I wear mine tucked into a black full skirt, with heels. For going out.

cheapskatemum Thu 04-Feb-16 22:54:42

I wear mine with pale blue and white striped high waisted skinnies (Levis) or an above the knee pencil skirt with a bold floral pattern that includes the blue colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now