smart trousers for short people

(8 Posts)
redclover79 Wed 03-Feb-16 09:27:28

I've got a new job in a school library after working in retail for years, and now I need to sort out a working wardrobe!
My problem is that I am short! Where do short people go to buy trousers that don't drag along the floor?

minipie Wed 03-Feb-16 09:50:46

I buy normal length trousers and re hem them shorter (or get dry cleaners to do it).

I have occasionally found ones that didn't need taking up but only if I wear mid to high heels.

I guess petite ranges would be ok without taking up but I've never found a petite range I like.

Sorry not helpful! Hope someone else has some more useful ideas

redclover79 Wed 03-Feb-16 10:07:53

thanks minipie - I think I might have found some in h&m that I can get away with, however I'm heading to the craft shop to pick up supplies to hem with as a back up plan!

nickEcave Wed 03-Feb-16 10:12:34

I'm 4 foot 11 and find that M&S short length trousers generally fit OK.

Thurlow Wed 03-Feb-16 10:17:32

I've found some of the shorter length cigarette style trousers in Dorothy Perkin's work really well.

redclover79 Wed 03-Feb-16 10:18:50

thanks nickEcave and Thurlow - I will have a look at those!

Thurlow Wed 03-Feb-16 10:25:59

These are the ones I have, and I love them. Loads of people in my office have them actually! You couldn't wear them with socks but they look great with pumps, and they've washed incredibly well for the price.

redclover79 Wed 03-Feb-16 10:34:03

thanks Thurlow - they look ideal! Ordered a pair smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now