First date outfit

(10 Posts)
justpoppy Mon 01-Feb-16 15:09:55

I possibly have a first date lined up for this week and am massively panicking about what to wear. I've recently lost a fair bit of weight and haven't been out for ages so have nothing remotely suitable. I'm 5'5", size 10 bottom, probably a 12/14 on top to accommodate 34F boobage. Budget not huge - probably around £100. Can anyone help me find something? Thanks in advance.

LadyPriggsbottom Mon 01-Feb-16 15:34:01

Well done on weight loss!

Do you know where you are going on date?

justpoppy Mon 01-Feb-16 16:03:06

Thank you. Dinner I think. Local place so smart but not massively dressy.

VulcanWoman Mon 01-Feb-16 16:09:50

I'd want to be comfortable and not worrying about what I was wearing so would go with black trousers and a nice tasteful/colourful blouse.

LadyPriggsbottom Mon 01-Feb-16 16:12:02

www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/#products/dresses/day-dresses/lola-wrap-dress/green-gold/pd490grg/

Is a wrap dress too boring? I like the way they've styled this one with opaque tights and heels.

LadyPriggsbottom Mon 01-Feb-16 16:13:59

Oh annoying don't think my link is working! It's on the Pepperberry site (especially for bigger boobs)! The dress is called Lola wrap or something.

DragonRojo Mon 01-Feb-16 16:49:33

I have almost identical sizing to yours and I find that the dresses by Pied a Terre in House of Fraser are the best fitting ones. I cannot do links but Google will take you there.

justpoppy Mon 01-Feb-16 17:19:21

Pepperberry link isn't working but I'll have a proper look later when I'm home from work.

I actually hadn't thought of going for a dress. Was thinking I'd probably end up with black skinny jeans/black slouchy top but only because I don't know any better at the moment. Need to find my style again.

justpoppy Mon 01-Feb-16 17:32:43

Dragon, what size do you go for in the pied a terre dresses?

DragonRojo Mon 01-Feb-16 20:24:32

Size 10 in the loose styles and 12 if a fitted dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now