Asian beauty question - well haircare actually?

(16 Posts)
mumofsnotbags Mon 01-Feb-16 06:51:45

Im sorry i know theres a thread about asian beauty products already, but i've saved each and every one and got through the first whole thread on saturday, I just don't have time to read 100 pages more just to get to the answer im looking for smile

Has anyone tried any shampoos from their, Ive been using korean face care for a few years but never ventured into the shampoo/conditioner side. or does anyone have and recommendations for any brands to look out for? I have lovely soft shiny hair just after washing, then a few hours later it looks like it needs washing again, i've tried to limit washing to every 2 days and dry shampoo in between, but as im thinking the skincare stuff is great surely their shampoos must be better than ours too?

Rojak Mon 01-Feb-16 08:15:57

I've used a Tsubaki shampoo - it's made by a cheaper diffusion line of Shiseido - not Korean but Japanese.

I like it but not sure where you'd get it online

mintbiscuit Mon 01-Feb-16 09:25:14

Not an AB rec but could it be the conditioner on your hair? My hair is fine and I find conditioner makes it look greasy quicker. I now only use a spray leave in conditioner on the ends and can go longer between washes.

Nabootique Mon 01-Feb-16 10:29:20

I also do what mintbiscuit does. I use either Percy & Reed No Oil Oil or Johnsons baby spray in conditioner.

mintbiscuit Mon 01-Feb-16 11:20:55

Nabootique the percy and reed no oil, is it really non greasy? I'm trying to decide if it's worth a try. Also, do you find it creates volume?

Sorry for minor hijack OP!
Sorry

Nabootique Mon 01-Feb-16 12:06:43

Hey mint. It really is non-greasy! You don't need much though. I use maybe 3 drops on my shoulder length hair. Work it through mostly the mid lengths and ends to detangle, then a quick swipe with what's left over the roots just to avoid frizz. I then tend to blow dry it. It does come out quite bouncy, but I'm not sure if it's just because it's not been weighed down? I got a couple of small ones in a beauty box, but I'm not sure I'd spend that much on repurchasing, as I've used cheaper products that seem to do a similar thing.

HeyMacWey Mon 01-Feb-16 12:45:18

Watching too for AB recommendations.

I've found that if I style my hair properly using volumising mousse then it holds my hat away from the scalp and seems to feel cleaner for longer. Have just bought some of the no oil oil on the back of this thread - I've bought the one for for fine hair.

I also put dry shampoo on before I go to bed so it has plenty of time to absorb any oil.

I've also started using a new L'Oréal shampoo - it's got clay in so supposed to be good for oily roots.

mumofsnotbags Mon 01-Feb-16 15:13:38

Hey...can you remember the name of the shampoo with clay in, I'll have a look for that tomorrow.

Never even heard of the no oil stuff, I do need something on the ends as they go super frizzy otherwise.

The main Japanese brand I use is shiseido followed by cosrx so will go through the whole internet tonight searching for this tsubaki shampoo to try, thanks all

HeyMacWey Mon 01-Feb-16 15:23:47

It's ink{http://www.superdrug.com/New-In/Elvive-Extraordinary-Clay-Re-Balancing-Shampoo-250ml/p/613702?gclid=Cj0KEQiAoby1BRDA-fPXtITt3f0BEiQAPCkqQfpqBDd7YQTrKo8zJaRkUdawP78lKexUu26Bx-Oe0SYaAtwU8P8HAQ&gclsrc=awardswww.superdrug.com/New-In/Elvive-Extraordinary-Clay-Re-Balancing-Shampoo-250ml/p/613702?gclid=Cj0KEQiAoby1BRDA-fPXtITt3f0BEiQAPCkqQfpqBDd7YQTrKo8zJaRkUdawP78lKexUu26Bx-Oe0SYaAtwU8P8HAQ&gclsrc=awards this one}

I've only used it for one wash so far so can't testify as to how effective it is.

HeyMacWey Mon 01-Feb-16 15:24:36

this one

mumofsnotbags Mon 01-Feb-16 15:31:22

Thank you, it's worth a go anyway I'll pick some up tomorrow smile

FrustratedFrugal Mon 01-Feb-16 20:06:04

I tried a few Missha tsubaki shampoo samples (Dongbaek Gold?) and would consider buying a full bottle when I'm done with my current stash. I hate oily shampoos, this was not oily at all.

Your hair type probably goes limp with conditioning shampoos (they are 2-in-1s although they don't always advertise it). Also try skipping conditioner or using a clarifying shampoo.

FrustratedFrugal Mon 01-Feb-16 20:07:26

The one I tried.

mumofsnotbags Mon 01-Feb-16 20:27:51

Thanks for that frugal. To be honest my hair goes greasy from almost any shampoo i've tried, the only one that I found lasted slightly longer (and i'm talking a few hours here not days) was aveda, the coloured ones, cant remember which one.

I had to stop using it thought as my hair is highlighted and it started turning it red! Can I ask where you got your sample of the shampoo from? Id be willing to buy a full bottle if id tried it and knew what it was like.

FrustratedFrugal Mon 01-Feb-16 20:45:50

I bought Korean skincare from missha.ee and they sent me saples of tons of other things!

I have fine limp straight hair and have issues with lots of shampoos - this blog post has helped me, deep-cleansing/volumizing works better for me than conditioning shampoo.

FrustratedFrugal Mon 01-Feb-16 20:46:35

Duh, samples...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now