Rudolph the red nosed 20 something

(8 Posts)
Littleallovertheshop Sun 31-Jan-16 18:56:22

I need help.

My nose is ALWAYS red and often flaky. I wear bare minerals make up as have otherwise ok skin which doesn't much like liquid foundation. However, at approximately 9am, as soon as I arrive in the office, my nose is bright red, make up less and shiny. What can I do?! It's fine at 8.55am!

sksk Sun 31-Jan-16 20:59:51

I have a red nose, too, and a dry patch on the tip.

The GP dismissed it a few months ago but I am going back to the GP armed with a series of red nosed selfies! I think it might be rosacea in my case. It reacts to wind, cold, showers and sometimes nothing!

Maybe have a look at your skincare- might help with some of the irritation and flakiness. Go for fragrance free etc. Beautypedia has some good information on this. While I don't think skincare alone will be the answer in my case, I can see how it might help. I find Cerave Cream (you can get it online) and cicaplast brume B5 (La Roche Posay) helps with the dryness.

I am sure you will get ore detailed responses from here, too.

Sweetandsour93 Mon 01-Feb-16 11:58:46

I posted not long ago with a similar problem, for the flakiness I use exfoliating gloves in the shower and focus on the very dry parts of my skin, I've found that exfoliating my nose regularly has helped. Then I use a moisturizer at night to try and keep it soft. For redness, try a green concealer underneath your foundation. I just use it on my nose and It has helped make my nose less red and it stays matte for longer.

sksk Mon 01-Feb-16 20:46:17

Sweetandsour, which primer do you use? I have less flakiess since using a BHA exfoliator, but makeup still looks dry on the tip of my nose.

Tate15 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:02:39

I've been using hemp face protector as a primer and collection lasting finish foundation, concealer and powder and they all stay put.

Kennington Mon 01-Feb-16 21:48:19

Salicylic acid toner helped as it gets rid of the flaking and is a mild anti inflammatory for the redness
But to be honest I had to rule out some triggers - pollution and red wine!

sksk Mon 01-Feb-16 22:03:52

Is the hemp face protector from the Body Shop?

Littleallovertheshop Mon 01-Feb-16 22:32:17

Thank you, I'm going to try green concealer again, I have had a few too many green giant experiences in the past! Hopefully my application skills have improved since!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now