Going for a total change with my hair this week

(14 Posts)
Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 31-Jan-16 11:29:29

I know it may not be too popular with some people but I really like the grey tones I've seen some women sporting. I had a google yesterday and have found some styles I really like.

I'm already light blonde so think I'm going to go with some subtle grey through it, I'm only 27 so think I could pull it off. I'm scared and excited in equal measures!

Donge13 Sun 31-Jan-16 13:22:02

Dd1 had hers done grey this week. She looks fab as will you.
Go for it!

FellOutOfBedTwice Sun 31-Jan-16 13:32:02

I'm going to need more convincing on this. Pictures?

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 31-Jan-16 14:18:19

Something like these?

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 31-Jan-16 19:04:39

I don't know how to ask for it though as id like it subtle but obvious at the same time!

Donge13 Sun 31-Jan-16 19:54:34

Dd1 took a couple of pics with her. It was done with toners not colour. It took about an hour . Hth

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Sun 31-Jan-16 19:58:49

Isn't it more silver than grey?

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 31-Jan-16 20:10:21

I think it could be, my hair dresser said she would need to lighten my hair a bit and get it ashy and then a grey toner through it? Although it could be silver, I don't know if they will have different shades to pick from and I don't know anyone personally who has had it done

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Sun 31-Jan-16 20:16:50

My hairdressers advertise it as silver. I would google images then show your hairdresser.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Sun 31-Jan-16 20:18:54

Try 'blonde with silver highlights'.

Donge13 Sun 31-Jan-16 20:19:26

The depth of the colour comes from how long the toner is left on. Dd1 already had blonde hair

DansonslaCapucine Sun 31-Jan-16 20:39:17

One if my colleagues has had it done. Looks great but she said the condition of her hair has really suffered.

Hotpatootietimewarp Sun 31-Jan-16 21:22:41

I'm quite excited about it!

Hotpatootietimewarp Wed 03-Feb-16 17:04:07

Ok so I had my hair done today and initially had to have a load of foils in to lighten my hair, this was rinsed out and then toner applied which wasn't left on that long I felt. Anyway the end product is my hair is loads lighter but you can't really tell its silver/grey, only at the ends and when it catches the light.

I'm guessing that now it has been taken lighter the next time I go back in a few weeks It will be more silver/grey looking. Would asking them to dye it be better?

Hairdresser recommended a purple based shampoo on dry hair left for 10 minutes, I wonder if this will make it go greyer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now