Too scared to change up how i dress. Help

(7 Posts)
Strangeoccurence Sun 31-Jan-16 10:49:21

Any easy solutions of change that may be enough for me to handle?
I am very petite at 5ft and clothes size between a 4 and a 6.

I wear the same style of clothes, daily and have done for years. I am getting a bit fed up of it. I do have MH issues, and these issues play a big part.

I wear bootcut jeans with either a t shirt or a jumper. Preferably a jumper. I wear them with trainers and a parka coat/jacket.

I have bought skinny jeans to change up, but cannot bring myself to wear them (MH). I have many, many different style shoes/boots/trainers so that i can match them with whatever i am wearing. Only i struggle to feel comfortable enough to leave the house in them.

I feel very trampy with how i dress right now. Not in the sense of the style i choose, but the fact i have had the same style for such a long time.

I feel i do look better when i wear a pair of my boots with my current style - only i struggle to stick with it as my comfort is my trainers.

timelytess Sun 31-Jan-16 14:09:45

Short skirt with matching leggings under. Clingy top with loose top over. Boots, short jacket. Nice bag. Hair done if you need it. All covered, all neat, very flexible. From there, experiment - what can you change, leave at home one day etc. Make it your hobby to explore what you can cope with.

Have you tried wearing the skinnies indoors, to get used to them? Maybe try them with a longer length jumper, if you fel a bit too 'exposed' in them?

Strangeoccurence Sun 31-Jan-16 15:28:16

I think i will try and make a hobby out of experimenting, it might help!
As for skirts and legging - i have tried neither of those as they are way out of my.comfort zone. Though they may be surprisingly comfy, if i were to try them! I just dont know.

i know im strange i am going to try and push myself out of my comfort zone. I might start with what i have already. Skinny jeans. I have many boots i could wear with them (just need to push myself to wear them), and i have just puchased some lovely white trainers(converse/van style) to go with skinny jeans.

I had specifically set out and bought myself a black and white cricket style jumper, to wear with skinny jeans and these white trainers.
I just dont have the confidence to pull them off. Even though its pretty basic ha

The jumper sounds fab. I think sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and try it. Even if you don't feel it's 'you' nobody will die, and you might enjoy it!

Twinklestein Sun 31-Jan-16 15:41:44

To be fair flares have been out so long that they're back.

Skinnies are a bit old hat so there's no reason to force yourself to wear them if you don't like them.

Strangeoccurence Sun 31-Jan-16 15:48:58

Thanks remus i am just going to push myself. I never gave a shit at one point. I dont know what happened!

twinklestein youre right there lol they are slowly coming back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now