Lindybop question

(6 Posts)
AppleSnapple Sat 30-Jan-16 17:37:50

Just wondering about people's experiences... Have been invited to a 50's party, and not wanting to spend a lot of money on something i may not wear again... Anyway, I wondered are they fairly true to size? And do you need a netty tutu type undergarment to make it stick out and look pretty? Sorry, I'm sure there's a word for it but it's escaped me at present! Saw a dress for £17 which seems not unreasonable!

AppleSnapple Sat 30-Jan-16 17:41:24

Petticoat!!

That is the word, right?!

I have quite a few dresses and skirts from Lindybop and I find them on the generous size of true-to-size. If you're between sizes then go down rather than up.

You definitely want a petticoat as well to get the lovely fifties silhouette.

Their dresses are great and ridiculously good value - go for it!

wonkylegs Sat 30-Jan-16 18:11:27

I think they are pretty true to size. I bought a cheaper petticoat from Amazon which works just as well. You can wear without the petticoats but they look better with.

TheEagle Sat 30-Jan-16 18:13:15

They're pretty true to size and very pretty.

They say on the website whether you need the petticoat or not. You do for some of them and not for others.

Great for BFing in as well wink

AppleSnapple Sat 30-Jan-16 18:21:36

Oh thanks, all! I couldn't see mention re petticoat on website but it's a lovely swooshy kind of dress, the sort you would probably need one with! My next Q was going to be... How do I know petticoat length as there seems to be differing ones? Maybe if I look on laptop rather than on phone, the info might be on there?
Either way thanks for ringing endorsement, I think I'll go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now