Anyone seen linen trousers for boys age 12/13?

(10 Posts)
Chewbecca Sat 30-Jan-16 13:05:26

We're warm weather cruising at Easter and summer & long smart but cool trousers are needed (maybe with a coordinating waistcoat) but as DS gets older, I'm struggling to find any.

I used to buy from monsoon most years but they only go up to a 12 and their smart stuff is now polyester angry.

Marks have some cotton ones which look okay but not what I really have in mind, they're a bit rugged.

We got some lovely linen trousers from Next last summer but DS has grown out of them now & they don't have similar this year.

Please let me know if you see any!

Thanks.

Orangeanddemons Sat 30-Jan-16 13:07:50

Vertbaudet?

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Sat 30-Jan-16 13:12:19

John Lewis have lovely linen trousers X

Chewbecca Sat 30-Jan-16 15:29:06

sometimes I don't think JL do have any at the moment?

orange holy moly, I have never looked at V...., there are hundreds of trousers! Need to go through item by item to find the best!

Thank you.

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Sun 31-Jan-16 20:27:44

We managed to get some for a June wedding !!!

Totallyoutoforder Sun 31-Jan-16 20:34:26

Try French shops. Petit bateau, Jacadi, la redoute, cyrillus. Definitively vertbaudet, the most reasonnable of my list.

Mominatrix Sun 31-Jan-16 20:42:24

It is too early for them to be in stock, but j crew and brooks brothers carry them along with coordinating items (Blazers, sometimes waistcoats).

CadburysTastesVileNow Mon 01-Feb-16 09:11:11

Marks usually have them - maybe in a week or two? They seem to have their formal jackets in, but not the trousers.

We've found the cruise lines not to be too fussy about kids' formal wear.

Chewbecca Tue 02-Feb-16 20:22:09

Thanks Cadbury, hopefully M&s will soon.

I know they are not that fussy I am though but I do think he should be in long trousers not shorts or jeans in the dining room & he doesn't have a single pair that fit (except school trousers which I wouldn't consider taking) so I do need to buy something and would prefer it was vaguely nice and lightweight.

Chewbecca Tue 02-Feb-16 20:23:17

It is not even formal wear I am looking for, it is every evening in the main dining room or speciality restaurants by the way. Shorts /jeans not allowed for gents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now