Would you wear this top?

(56 Posts)
CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 30-Jan-16 12:44:14

Boxy green textured top. It's on sale at Topshop at the moment and I have a voucher which is why I'm countenancing going for it. I'm thinking it would go well with some black skinny jeans and boots. It's £20 down from £59. I'd never consider spending nearly 60 quid on it.

Scarydinosaurs Sat 30-Jan-16 12:46:56

I quite like it! Awkward length. If you have a small waist, then I think it would be flattering. For sizes 6/8 only really, IMHO

Greengardenpixie Sat 30-Jan-16 12:52:44

no. its too short. colour isnt nice either.

DavetheCat2001 Sat 30-Jan-16 12:53:27

I'm not fond. Sorry OP.

dickiedavisthunderthighs Sat 30-Jan-16 12:54:01

The model is slouching slightly, if she was standing properly I'd think it was almost look cropped. Like the PP said you'd have to be very slim or have a flat tummy to carry this off (I would look like a weeble that someone had plonked a box on top of).

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sat 30-Jan-16 12:54:16

Yes. I'd wear it like you with black skinnies or a tube skirt.

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Sat 30-Jan-16 12:54:34

Sorry to say no.
The colour is unlikely to be flattering, the texture is unpleasant and the cut is weird.

twirlypoo Sat 30-Jan-16 12:55:24

I don't think its a very flattering shape tbh, it would depend on your figure I suppose, but suspect there are nicer things for your money.

Keeptrudging Sat 30-Jan-16 12:56:09

No, agree re awkward length, and the colour/texture is not for me, sorry.

Nanasueathome Sat 30-Jan-16 12:56:43

I like it and would wear it

UsernamesAreAPainInTheBalls Sat 30-Jan-16 12:57:12

I ordered this the other day grin hasn't arrived yet but I'm planning on wearing it with black rip knee skinnies and black ankle boots or with a black leather pelmet skirt also from topshop and tights smile
I think it's lovely I get loads of stuff like this from topshop and Zara kind of a dressy twist on a basic top but still comfy to just throw on

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 30-Jan-16 12:59:28

Thanks for replies. I agree there are better things at the moment which are more in line with my style. I'm still in two minds. If it weren't for the voucher I'd never pick this top so thought I'd use it to experiment a bit with my style.

Interesting you should mention the colour UnDeuxTrois, Khaki is one of my favourite colours for clothing.

AmserGwin Sat 30-Jan-16 13:01:01

No you could find something nicer

SwedishEdith Sat 30-Jan-16 13:01:54

I love the colour! I'd need to try it on to see how short but, otherwise, I'd definitely wear it.

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 30-Jan-16 13:01:56

I know this can be said of many stores but Topshop is absolutely incredibly over-priced for some of its items. It's only now the sales are on that you might be able to get something at a decent price hmm

UsernamesAreAPainInTheBalls Sat 30-Jan-16 13:07:09

I agree re:topshop but when they have sales the discounts are pretty good
I love to wear khaki too I also ordered this I though it was nice and maybe easier to wear than the other one

UsernamesAreAPainInTheBalls Sat 30-Jan-16 13:09:16

Sorry the price didn't show on pic it's only €20 so maybe £16? I'm on the eu site forgot to change to uk

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 30-Jan-16 13:13:43

Usernames I saw those tops too, yes they're £15. I agree they're very easy to wear.

Floisme Sat 30-Jan-16 13:56:34

I like it. I have a high waist (short waisted?) so the length would be good for me. I'd just wear a vest top underneath to avoid inflicting my belly on an unsuspecting world. I like the colour too. In fact for £15 I might have a pop myself if you don't mind, op!

CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 30-Jan-16 14:11:11

Floisme Go ahead! Though I do feel Topshop should pay me some sort of commission grin. The top is £20 though.

RockinHippy Sat 30-Jan-16 14:12:33

If you are young, then yes. My daughter has one she bought in the sale too & it looks great on her with jeans & DMs, but she is a scarily older looking 13 yr old size 6, so can carry it off very well. It's one of those tops that you do need the right frame for, not good with curves etc

GingerNutRiskIt Sat 30-Jan-16 14:16:31

I wouldn't wear it but that's because I have a very long body and it wouldn't look right with my curves.

amarmai Sat 30-Jan-16 16:37:41

good cut to balance the new flared gaucho pants. Def go with your black skinnies too.

Floisme Sat 30-Jan-16 17:07:45

I'm not young and provided it covered my elbows and the fabric wasn't too floaty, I'd wear it. I like the shape.

Fishinminepuddle Sat 30-Jan-16 17:10:09

not too fond. like the colour not the shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now