Matching shoes and bag?

(11 Posts)
shatteredstudentmum Fri 29-Jan-16 18:10:55

Hi, I've got a wedding in summer and I've seen a dress on Joe Brown's which they put with retro shoes and bag. But I've never really done matching exactly before (my mum does all the time) is it a good thing or will it look really rubbish. I'm 43 if that makes a difference.

These are the shoes / bag

And possibly this dress

Greengardenpixie Fri 29-Jan-16 21:17:36

I quite like it. You would need to order it to see what it is like in real life. See how the colours look together. The colours look fine but the 'patterns' may just look a bit much in real life. I also have a wedding in August and have no idea what i will wear!!! I am 48.

Thinhttp://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/kyra-print-cape-dress/dresses/mint-v/fcp-product/6078king of a mint velvet dress.

Greengardenpixie Fri 29-Jan-16 21:18:47

Oh should have said, i am thinking of ordering the dress above for the wedding i have to go to.

Pixilicious Fri 29-Jan-16 21:21:04

I am 42 and I think that looks like a fab outfit OP!

AlwaysHopeful1 Fri 29-Jan-16 21:53:02

I love the bag but paired with the shoes it just makes it look a bit childish/ play dress up. The bag on its own will look fab.

shatteredstudentmum Sat 30-Jan-16 00:29:42

Thanks, still not sure, maybe I'll order it all and see what it looks like together

ChristineDePisan Sat 30-Jan-16 02:42:35

I normally quite like matching shoes and bags (though I know many think it a complete fashion faux pas), but in this case I think they are too much. Either the bag or the shoes would be gorgeous but not both.

Greengardenpixie Sat 30-Jan-16 11:57:25

www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+women-dresses-vintage-tea-dress+ld870?coloursel=A

Looks ok in the picture smile

ZaZathecat Sat 30-Jan-16 12:23:38

I'd go for the bag but plain court shoes in a matching colour.

amarmai Sat 30-Jan-16 16:34:46

the bag, shoes and dress are all of the same pretty young woman genre= love the outfit. op.

carrielou2007 Sat 30-Jan-16 16:46:08

I would have plain shoes in one of the colours of the (lovely) dress. Not keen on the bag prefer again a simpler/less fussy design. With a pattern in the dress too busy with that bag and shoes. Those shoes and bag with a one colour dress yes but not all three of those together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now