Primarni workwear -

(9 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 28-Jan-16 19:56:53

What's worth a try & what should I give a miss? I need to pick up a couple of smart ish outfits as cheaply as possible for the moment

It's that long since I shopped for workwear I'm not sure where to go so thought I'd hit Primark with £30 ish and see what I can get smile

tiggy2610 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:59:10

I've picked up a few good bits from there recently, the only thing I would say is to try it all on as I've ranged from a 12 to a 16 depending on what it was!

BlueBlueBelles Thu 28-Jan-16 20:10:33

I've got some good stretch style pencil skirts from there, with a long floaty short and a jacket it's a great business casual work outfit. I prefer my £30 in sainsburys over primark nowadays though, their sales are awesome and their clothes wash so well.

lucysmam Thu 28-Jan-16 22:16:40

Primark's easier for me to get to on the bus, Blue. I'll have the girls with me so want to be as quick as possible with my stuff too (we're really going out so dd1 can spend her birthday money).

I will drag them into the changing room and try on though - their stuff varies quite a bit in actual size sometimes if you get what I mean. And I once bought trousers with one leg longer than the other (and then managed to take up the shorter leg blush )

CwtchMeQuick Thu 28-Jan-16 22:21:51

I had trousers and some blouses from primark when my clothes were likely to get ruined at work.
The trousers were about £6 and washed well. Hit and miss with blouses really, some lose their shape and shrink but I think it depends on the fabric.
I don't like cardigans from there because I find they crumple easily and get misshapen.
I think its just a case of buy a selection and see what works for you

Allyoucaneat Thu 28-Jan-16 22:32:11

£5 office trousers great.
Knitwear is rubbish and loses it's shape.

CointreauVersial Thu 28-Jan-16 22:36:43

They have some quite nice tailored shift dresses in black/grey. Also some pretty tops with Peter Pan collars.

Autumn2014 Fri 29-Jan-16 09:01:10

Hope you get sorted. I like matalan for good value stuff like this too, but they tend to be on retail parks out of town so it might not be easy to get to. Or peacocks is good for basics. I get my cardigans, jumpers and vests here. And they have good value linen mix dresses in summer.

lucysmam Fri 29-Jan-16 09:27:33

I think I'll try the trousers for the mo - I'll be lifting heavy dresses off racks and helping girls into them so not sure about dresses. I'll wait and see what the others wear until I decide whether to buy dresses or not.

No idea what to put on my top half though - blouse or t-shirt? A t-shirt would be comfier but maybe not smart enough?

I think there's a Peacock's in town so will have a google and nip in there for a look too if there is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now