Size 18+. Has anyone bought from Junarose or Mango Violeta?

(13 Posts)
misspym Thu 28-Jan-16 17:05:56

There are a few things I like on these sites but I am curious about the sizing.

I have bought one thing from Junarose - a shirt that I love but I had to get altered as even though I bought in my regular size 18 it was huge, in width and length.

Just wondering if that was the style of the item or does Junarose tend to run large. It is often hard to gauge the size as things aren't always shown on models.

I'm 5'2 so length can be a problem

I haven't bought anything from Violeta but I have heard that Mango sizing is on the small size - is that the same for the plus range?

Thanks

Cheshireblue Thu 28-Jan-16 18:46:19

I too have been deliberating about mango violeta for ages. Saw loads of stuff on John Lewis website but was keen to see in rl! It is online only and there are no reviews online. I decided to post and watch to see if any advice comes along

misspym Thu 28-Jan-16 18:52:08

I know. I'd love to see them in real life too. The Violeta sale was very good but I deliberated so long that the things I liked were sold out.

I'm going to Spain in a few months. I must see if I am near a store than stocks Violeta.

misspym Fri 29-Jan-16 20:42:24

Anyone?

travailtotravel Fri 29-Jan-16 21:49:40

Sorry no - I want to see before i buy too. There are so many brands which are online only now, I'd love to open a concession that has one of everything in every size and colour that you can try on and order directly online. Would work so well I reckon!

DianaT1969 Sat 30-Jan-16 06:57:03

Don't they offer free returns?

misspym Sat 30-Jan-16 09:01:10

I'm not in the UK so no free returns for me unfortunately.

LovelyFriend Sat 30-Jan-16 09:08:41

just had a look at Violeta - I would never bring myself to buy clothing aimed at 16+ from a company that uses a size 10/12 person to model the clothes.
How can they even do that?

Dowser Sat 30-Jan-16 11:20:32

Is mango Violetta part of spanish mango chain.

I was inmango yesterday. Really good sales on but came out with nothing. Never boughtanythingfrom mango which is annoying considering income to Spain two to three times a year.
Or Zara for that matter,

ColeslawSandwich Sat 30-Jan-16 12:25:48

Ive bought a few times from MV and loved every item. The clothes are true to size and more stylish than the usual plus size lines.

I hadn't heard of Juna, off for a browse now.

GrinAndTonic Sat 30-Jan-16 12:42:40

I just bought a skirt and two t-shirts from violeta. Kept one shirt and returned the other items for being too big. The quality seems good and I love their $5 return by courier deal (I'm in Australia). I'll be buying more.

Chewbecca Sat 30-Jan-16 12:58:23

Violetta is good, styles are sympathetic to the larger figure. Not everything washes well though. I don't find it sizes small.

I don't feel I have enough choice of clothes to boycot a brand based on their model choices.

Never heard of junarose.

misspym Sat 30-Jan-16 13:18:08

Thanks for the replies. I think I will order a few things from Violeta and give it a try. I checked again and they are now doing a €5.95 courier return here so worth a risk.

Junarose is from the same company as Vero Moda, Only and a few similar brands. European, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now