Anyone use men's razors? Specifically Wilkinson Sword Quattro?

(9 Posts)
FatRun Wed 27-Jan-16 19:55:28

I used to use the wimmin's blades (the pricier ones that you stick on the razor - not disposables) by Wilkinson, thought they were fine and did the job. On advice of friends I've switched to the men's razors in hope of a closer shave but am just finding them a bit shit? My legs still feel stubbly even after a good thorough shave. I also find my skin looks a bit pimply and red after shaving. My hair is not at all coarse so I'm a bit stumped...

The obvious solution is to go back to the women's razors I think, but was wanting to canvass some MN opinion re men's vs women's razors and what you find effective?

Doobigetta Wed 27-Jan-16 22:37:52

I've found the same as you with wilkinson sword- the women's ones are better. I have not managed to establish whether sickly lilac is better than lurid coral though.

LoadsaBlusher Thu 28-Jan-16 07:10:59

I find men's Gillette Mach 3 razors give the best and closest shave.

sweetvparsley Thu 28-Jan-16 07:42:48

I think that men's Gillette Sensor with 2 blades and a lube stripe are my favourite. These days though they are hard to find so having to use Mach 3. I hate those flat women's razors with 4 blades which I find really hard to use.

As an aside, I remember taking part in some market research back in the early 2000s when most adult women barely gave any thought to their bikini line. At the time I wasn't aware the availability of "women's" razors and was horrified at the thought that any guests rooting through my bathroom cabinet would see a pink razor and then realize that my fuzz-free skin was as a result of shaving rather than good luck.

BareBearBum Thu 28-Jan-16 07:45:15

Gillette Mach 3 is a good one, much better than women's razors I thought.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Thu 28-Jan-16 08:35:30

Opposite view here. Used the women's Quattro for a while, then discovered that DH was paying less for a pack of 4 refills than I was for a pack of three. So I switched.* Seems to be exactly the same quality to me.

*even cheaper, pinch one of DH's refills every month!

trixymalixy Thu 28-Jan-16 08:44:39

I've always found women's razors a bit shit and always buy those bags of 20 Gillette razors.

specialsubject Thu 28-Jan-16 13:55:45

when I see evidence that there is any difference in the blade, I'll buy women's razors.

but there isn't. They just charge more because they can.

FatRun Thu 28-Jan-16 15:40:57

Thanks all!

trixy I might give that a go - I get awful ingrowns on my bikini line which is v sexy - apparently a new razor each time you shave down there is the way to go.

Shall also get Mach 3 for my legs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now